Writing Sites Meta

3 Sites With Likable Terms And Policies

Saturday, February 17, 2018
Hey, guess what, Tumblr’s terms of service and privacy policy aren’t the only ones that I like. I've been writing a lot about Tumblr’s terms of use and policies, so, maybe, it seems like these are the only ones that I like.

But that’s totally not true at all 😃. It’s just that these are the ones I've recently read and liked. But the truth is that there are other terms and policies that I’ve read and liked. For example, I do like Persona Paper’s terms and policies (and I'm seriously not just saying that ‘cause I write here), and I intend to elaborate on that later on.
terms of service, terms of use, privacy policy, tos, picmonkey, photo editor, tumblr, blogging site, writing site, persona paper, microblogging platform, blogging platform
It’s on my list of stuff to write about, which seems to be growing more and more by the minute. Okay, that was a bit too much of an exaggeration, but there's definitely a lot that I want to write about and the list is definitely very long. In fact, I can’t wait to write them all, but just can’t seem to find the time to do so.

Aside from Persona Paper’s terms and policies, another one that I like is that of PicMonkey’s. PicMonkey is a free online photo editor that I don’t use. Actually, when I was reading through Tumblr’s terms and policies, I was reminded of PicMonkey’s terms and policies.

But it’s not because the two are all that similar or anything. It’s just because PicMonkey also has terms and policies that I actually like. It's quite short and pretty fun to read. What do you think about the terms and policies of these websites?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

SandraLynn wrote on August 12, 2014, 4:00 PM:
LOVE PICMONKEY. I'm a royale member AND an affiliate. It's a great deal - free or paid OR the affiliate... I was JUST freakin' there making a thing for my website. Funny that I happened over here right after :) I used PicMonkey for years and then said what the heck, I want more. And then, with my site, decided to earn some money, as well. It's been good so far! I like helping folks, they like helping folks. Win win :) YAY :)

Oh, and I don't know anything about tumblr, but I love it HERE, too :)

FreyaYuki replied to SandraLynn on August 16, 2014, 5:05 PM:
It's good that PicMonkey is working well for you as a photo editor. I didn't know that they have an affiliate program. I'm just getting started on Tumblr so don't know much about it yet. I like Persona Paper too :) .

Feisty56 wrote on August 12, 2014, 7:24 PM:
You've got me giggling with your like of PicMonkey's terms, but then saying it's a program you don't use. I'm going to have to watch myself when I read your posts -- but it'll be fun.

FreyaYuki replied to Feisty56 on August 16, 2014, 4:47 PM:
😃 I didn't think anyone would notice that. I read PicMonkey's terms when I considered using said online photo editor. And I did like the terms of use and privacy policy because it's so fun and humorous and it's not that long either. But I ended up using GIMP as a photo editor instead.

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.