Writing Sites Meta

How To Get Paid By Bubblews For A Redemption Made Before 11 November 2014?

Thursday, December 6, 2018
Yes, from my experience, it is possible to get paid by Bubblews even if you redeemed before November 11, 2014. I redeemed on August 2014 and got my payment via PayPal e-check on February 3, 2015. The e-check from Bubblews was cleared on February 5, 2015.

bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, bbb, better business bureau, complaints, file complaint, website not paying, getting your money, get paid, redemption, paypal, e-check

More details

Okay, so I mentioned this before already and even posted an article about it here on Persona Paper, but I guess not many saw it. I'm mentioning it again because I'm hearing and seeing some posts of people being asked for photo IDs by Bubblews and that sounds kind of suspicious, right?

I don't know what's up with that, but that didn't happen with me. Also, I'm glad that more people are speaking up and letting their voices be heard 😃. I think that this can really help increase the chances of more innocent people being paid what they're rightfully earned. Anyway, there are more details about this here.

Here's the quick info:

  • January 13, 2015 - filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. For those that need a detailed tutorial on exactly how to fill out this complaint form, I wrote about it here. Here is the direct link to the BBB site where you can file a complaint against Bubblews: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-services/bubblews-in-san-francisco-ca-525234/file-a-complaint. Please feel free to ask questions in case you need help 😃
  • January 19, 2015 - received a response from Bubblews via the BBB
  • Very important note: I received an email message that came from the BBB and NOT from Bubblews. In this email, the BBB said that they got a response from Bubblews and they then included a link, which, when clicked on, took me to the page where my complaint was located. It was on this page where I saw the response from Bubblews and where I could then type my response to both the BBB and Bubblews
  • The first response from Bubblews via the BBB - Bubblews asked me for my username and the email address that I used to sign up or create an account on Bubblews. This is all that they asked me for. They didn't ask me for an ID or screenshots or anything else.
  • February 4, 2015 - received another email message from the BBB telling me that Bubblews responded to my complaint. Again, the email included a link to the page where my complaint was located. Upon checking this link, I saw the response from Bubblews - they said that they sent me my e-check already
  • After that, I went to check my PayPal account for proof
  • February 3, 2015 - according to PayPal, Bubblews sent me an e-check on this date
  • February 5, 2015 - the e-check that Bubblews sent to my PayPal account cleared on this date

The BBB will ask you if your complaint has been resolved already and you can then answer that question on the same page where your complaint is located.

Note: I actually got an email message from Bubblews. This was sent to the email address that I used to sign up to Bubblews (this is actually different from my PayPal email). It's likely an automated message though because this one simply said that they sent me my e-check payment already.

So, good luck to all of those who will try this, and I hope you can get your payments too. If you're being asked for an ID or something, you can try contacting or telling the BBB about this first to ask if this is something that you should be doing, to tell them that you're feeling wary about this, etc.

I hope the news of more people being paid by Bubblews via the BBB can encourage and motivate and inspire more people to try and speak up and let their voices be heard. Good luck and if you need any help, please feel free to ask 😃.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

iimouto wrote on February 22, 2015, 2:29 AM
Lucky. I made a redemption on Bubblews last October and I never got it. I don't ever expect to see it either.

FreyaYuki replied to iimouto on February 22, 2015, 5:42 AM
You can try filing a complaint with the BBB. Maybe you can still get your payment. I got mine that was from August 20, 2014 so it is possible. You don't have to pay anything to file your complaint and your location doesn't matter to the BBB. Good luck.

bestwriter wrote on February 22, 2015, 2:32 AM
Although I was hesitant earlier not to pursue with BBB after reading success stories I have just lodged a complaint. Keeping my fingers crossed.

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 22, 2015, 5:43 AM
Good luck. I hope you get your payments too 😃.

MommyCharm wrote on February 22, 2015, 2:47 AM
Well, this made me reconsider if I would run after my $50 redemption last October 4, 2014. Let me see if I'll get paid too! Thanks for this post!

FreyaYuki replied to MommyCharm on February 22, 2015, 5:48 AM
You're welcome 😃. Good luck and I hope you can get your payment too. My missing redemption was from August 20, 2014, and I finally received the e-check on Feb 2015.

Shadi wrote on February 22, 2015, 3:03 AM
Congrats! Still not going back there even if they paid me a fortune.

FreyaYuki replied to Shadi on February 22, 2015, 5:49 AM
Thanks. My bank there still has around 46, so I still log in sometimes. If you're missing payments from them, you can try filing a complaint with the BBB too.

Shadi replied to FreyaYuki on February 22, 2015, 6:25 AM
I don't think that will be possible as I deleted all my posts there and re-published them in my blog. But I will spread the word for some friends who can still fill a complaint. Thank you!

FreyaYuki replied to Shadi on February 23, 2015, 11:35 AM
You're welcome. I hope the others can get their payments too. If your posts are still in Google's cache, maybe you can still try filing a complaint and then just link to the cache instead of to your posts. Is your profile still there on the site? Do you have screenshots of your bank page there? Maybe you can use those as proof?

Shadi replied to FreyaYuki on February 23, 2015, 12:51 PM
Unfortunately I have none of that and my posts are long gone from Google's cache. My profile still exists because my request for account termination was never answered, but my bank shows -40$ or something. So I don't think I'd be able to fill a complaint as it appears I owe them money lol. Anyways I am glad it ended this way. I learned a lesson.

Hollyhocks100 wrote on February 22, 2015, 4:28 AM
Thanks for all this help. I just contacted BBB but am unsure if I filed the complaint properly, I wish I had seen this post beforehand.

FreyaYuki replied to Hollyhocks100 on February 22, 2015, 5:53 AM
You're welcome. I hope you can get your payments too.

LadyDuck wrote on February 22, 2015, 4:53 AM
I have no more pending redemptions, but I have lost a quite big amount when they make their changes.

FreyaYuki replied to LadyDuck on February 22, 2015, 5:59 AM
Don't have anymore pending redemptions either though currently have about 46 in the bank page. You can try filing a complaint with the BBB to try to get back the amount that you lost when they made all the changes. I was able to get my August 2014 redemption thanks to the BBB. Good luck.

Kungfu123 wrote on February 22, 2015, 7:16 AM
Thank you so much. I will learn to do it. You see, I don't want to do anything for my lost redmption at first because I don't have any proof for my redemption.

FreyaYuki replied to Kungfu123 on February 23, 2015, 11:02 AM
You're very welcome 😃. I wrote a tutorial about this in case you need help. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask 😃. I hope you can get your payments too. I had screenshots, but, in my experience, neither the BBB nor Bubblews asked me for them. I just filed my complaint and that was that. Good luck.

Kungfu123 wrote on February 22, 2015, 7:33 AM
@ FreyaYuki can you tell me what's the difference between Prename and First Name?

FreyaYuki replied to Kungfu123 on February 23, 2015, 11:06 AM
First name is your real first name. You cannot use a pen name or pseudonym when you file your complaint. You cannot file your complaint anonymously either. Prename or prefix is Miss, Ms, Mr, Mrs, etc. It's a title that you use before your name. Hope this helped. If you have more questions, feel free to ask 😃.

scheng1 wrote on February 22, 2015, 8:43 AM
Good to hear that. I just feel sorry for those international writers who do nothing wrong, and yet do not know how to contact BBB.

FreyaYuki replied to scheng1 on February 23, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thanks . There's a direct link to the BBB complaint form for Bubblews in this post and on other posts I wrote about this. A simple Google search for BBB or Better Business Bureau will have the BBB site at the top of the search results. Their website is bbb .org. Anyone can file a complaint with the BBB regardless of location and it's free too so people will lose nothing by trying. I hope it works out for everyone.

ViperGirl85 wrote on February 22, 2015, 1:45 PM
Oh snap! I'm glad you got your payment!

FreyaYuki replied to ViperGirl85 on February 23, 2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks 😃. I hope the others can get their payments too.

BarbRad wrote on February 23, 2015, 2:33 AM
I was fortunate enough to get my payment right before they stopped redeeming

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on February 23, 2015, 12:19 PM
That's great 😃. I heard there were some people who didn't lose anything there and that's good. I do hope those who lost money can get their payments too.

BarbRad replied to FreyaYuki on February 23, 2015, 6:20 PM
Oh, I'm losing the almost $20 sitting in my back I'll never be able to cash in if I quit, but there's no guarantee Bubblews will still be there should I decide stick around until I get to $50.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on February 24, 2015, 9:02 AM
My bank there is stuck at around 44. Sometimes, I still log in and try to post, but the non-moving bank is discouraging and, yeah, we don't know if the site will still be around long enough for any of us to be able to cash out especially with how long it takes to earn even a few cents.

Many have been talking about the low earnings and traffic there. There was also the issue with the AdSense ads, which is certainly not helping the traffic and earnings at all. I hope they consider lowering the payment threshold at least. Many have requested this but no news on that yet as far as I know.

shiela32 wrote on February 23, 2015, 8:56 PM
Good to read about your successful redemption. I'll just focus on two sites (here and HubPages) and see how far will I go.

FreyaYuki replied to shiela32 on February 24, 2015, 9:03 AM
Thanks. I'm also writing on HubPages though I'm new there so only have a few hubs published at the moment.

Coffee wrote on February 24, 2015, 9:19 AM
Well done on getting your redemption from them. I should imagine a lot of people will be doing this too.

FreyaYuki replied to Coffee on February 25, 2015, 5:32 PM
Thanks. I do hope that others who haven't been paid and yet have done nothing wrong can also get their payments with the help of the BBB. If more people speak up and let their voices be heard, then maybe something favorable can happen for everyone.

cheri wrote on March 2, 2015, 7:14 AM
This is good news! I have 7 redemption unpaid which started on September. Is there any chance I can get paid for all those 7 missing redemptions? There is no harm in trying.

FreyaYuki replied to cheri on March 2, 2015, 10:32 AM
Yes, there's a good chance that you might get your payments if you try filing a complaint with the BBB. Just follow all the instructions, fill out the form completely and provide as much detail as possible. You won't lose anything by trying because it's free and your location doesn't matter to the BBB either. Good luck. Hope you can get your payments soon 😃.

AdGoggleKo wrote on March 13, 2015, 3:08 AM
I have 4 unpaid totaling $100+ , 3 x $25+ and 1x $50+ but I did not follow up. I am an overly generous person. LOL

FreyaYuki replied to AdGoggleKo on March 13, 2015, 12:23 PM
That's a lot of money though. If you want a chance to get it, maybe you can try filing a complaint with the BBB? It is free to do this and you won't really lose anything by doing so. Good luck with whatever you decide to do 😃.

Elren wrote on March 25, 2015, 6:01 AM
You are so lucky! I also made a complaint to BBB but Bubblews never responded. There goes my hard-earned money...down to the drain. :(

FreyaYuki replied to Elren on March 25, 2015, 8:36 AM
They are supposed to respond. It just takes a while for them to do so. Did you receive any emails from the BBB? They will forward any response that they get from Bubblews to you and then they'll send you a link to the page where your complaint form is located and you can reply from there. Have you tried to follow up regarding your complaint?

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on February 22, 2015, 2:08 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.