Writing Sites Meta

How The Better Business Bureau (BBB) Responded To Bubblews Complaints?

Monday, November 26, 2018
Also known as "An Answer From The BBB And Bubblews".

Well, don't get too excited. It's like a classic non-response actually. Naturally, that refers to the-site-that-shall-not-be-named (also known as Bubblews, but, you knew that already, didn't you?) 😃.

For those that don't know, BBB stands for the Better Business Bureau. You can go to their site to file a complaint against companies or businesses that may have wronged you. I wrote a tutorial here on how you can do that in case you want to file a complaint (not just for that site, but also for other sites or businesses that you may have a reason to complain about).

bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, bbb, better business bureau, complaints, file complaint, website not paying

Anyway, so got a response from the BBB regarding the complaint I filed. They said they got a response from Bubblews and this is what their reply said:

"Thank you for your concerns; if you could please provide us with the following information.

User Name:
User email used to sign up at Bubblews."

The problem is that I already mentioned my username when I first filed the complaint. Admittedly, I didn't mention the email address that I used when I created an account there (though I did mention my PayPal email), but, honestly, I didn't think they'd need this info too. I mean, if they already have your username, they can use it to find all the other details associated with your account there, right?

Wouldn't that be listed on their database somewhere like a person's username would be associated with their email address, PayPal email, password, their profile page there, their articles there, etc?

Well, anyway, the BBB takes you to a page where they will ask if you accept the response from the business or not. You're supposed to select either the "yes" or "no" button and then explain your answer.

When I explained my choice, I included all the relevant details the site-that-shall-not-be-named asked for and even added my Bubblews profile link and PayPal email (again) for good measure in case they need it. Don't know yet what will happen though.

How 'bout you? Did you try this already? How did it go for you? If you have any questions, or if you need help with filing a complaint with the BBB, feel free to ask 😃.

(Side note: anyone know anything about the IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center)? Have you tried this with regards to you-know-who? How'd it go?)

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

SoundNFury wrote on January 20, 2015, 1:13 AM
I'm not sure how much money I didn't get from them that they owed me. It was either $20 or $80. But I see what they did to so many others, and since I can't trust them, I don't bother writing there anymore. I didn't file a formal complaint, though. But I slammed them on my blog. lol

FreyaYuki replied to SoundNFury on January 21, 2015, 12:28 PM
Have stopped posting so often there too and am in the process of moving my posts elsewhere. I've seen a lot of articles and blog posts of people who also shared their experiences with that site. So many people lost so much. Maybe those who lost hundreds of dollars might consider filing a complaint, and, hopefully, something favorable can come of it.

BarbRad wrote on January 20, 2015, 1:18 AM
I haven't filed a complaint. That's just one more demand on my time and although I could use the $19 in my bank, I'm not sure they wouldn't pay me if I ever get to $50, which I probably never will unless I decide to start writing there again.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on January 21, 2015, 12:32 PM
Yeah, it did take me a bit of time to file the complaint since you need to explain the entire situation though it wasn't that long. It's really depressing to post there because the earnings are just so slow and the bank refuses to move. Have around 44 there though so am still trying to post every once in a while but am thinking it seems to be impossible to reach 50 and who knows if they're still paying? It's just so discouraging :-(.

BarbRad replied to FreyaYuki on January 21, 2015, 9:24 PM
Which is why I'd rather tsu. I enjoy it and I do see a few pennies added each day. I also see my Bank move here so I don't believe I'm wasting my time. On Bub I feel like I'm traveling on the Titanic with everyone else still there, waiting for what I believe is inevitable. This is one of the lifeboats I have gotten into.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on January 23, 2015, 1:54 PM
It's great that Tsu is working out for you :-). I also like seeing the bank move here on Persona Paper even if sometimes, it can be a bit slow. It's way better than on that other site though where it really seems like the bank is at a stand still so it feels like it's pointless to even bother posting there.

LadyTrouble wrote on January 20, 2015, 2:07 AM
I got my money, but with about a $60.00 loss! They crapped me out of $60.00 but I am honestly not worried about it too much. I don't feel like going through the humble jumble for such a small amount in comparison to what I did get.

FreyaYuki replied to LadyTrouble on January 21, 2015, 12:39 PM
Congrats on getting your money :-). But sorry about your loss :-(. When did you redeem? Those who redeemed before the 11th of Nov 2014 lost their entire payment and, for some, that meant hundreds of dollars so, maybe those people might want to file complaints and see if maybe they can get a favorable response.

arthurchappell wrote on January 20, 2015, 3:34 AM
Sounds like the BBB are just following procedures - they may well act from sheer volume of complaints pouring in about Bubblews

FreyaYuki replied to arthurchappell on January 21, 2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, hopefully, there will be favorable responses for those who have filed complaints. If a lot of people voice their opinions and express their complaints and concerns instead of remaining silent, then maybe changes can happen.

Hollyhocks100 wrote on January 20, 2015, 5:32 AM
I had almost $300 taken of me, but can't see the point in complaining, if the moneys not there they cannot pay it.

FreyaYuki replied to Hollyhocks100 on January 21, 2015, 12:52 PM
:-( $300 is a lot of money. Sorry to hear about this. It really frustrates me how so many people lost so much even though they were innocent and didn't do anything wrong. Have heard stories of people who lost hundreds of dollars. I don't know if anything favorable will come from filing a complaint but did so anyway since it is free and you lose nothing from doing so. It's worth a try and have heard of others who tried too. Maybe if a lot of people complain, something can be done.

MsBiz wrote on January 20, 2015, 7:46 AM
I got the exact same response. The funny thing is, the BBB even says not to put personal information on their website, so, no, I didn't accept their response. My inclination given their past behavior is that they'd just delete complaintants' accounts.

Squidwhisperer replied to MsBiz on January 20, 2015, 9:39 AM
I would think that's EXACTLY what they'd do, given that petty vengeance is an operating principle there.

FreyaYuki replied to MsBiz on January 21, 2015, 1:07 PM
Yeah, but, even though the BBB says not to put personal info, they also say that they will blot out this info if it is listed. When I looked at the complaints on BBB, I saw the site's response was to ask for the person's username so I already included mine and even my PayPal ad when I initially filed my complaint. So, I was surprised when I got this response (though I didn't include the original email I used when I signed up to the site). I didn't accept their response either.

This time, I included all the info I thought they might ask for including a link to my profile on that site. I was also concerned about account deletion and actually mentioned it on my complaint to the BBB. Am pleasantly surprised but glad that my account is still there (still have some posts that have yet to move). Sounds like the site gave the same response to all of us who complained. Hopefully, if many more people complain, something positive and favorable can come from it.

Gina145 replied to FreyaYuki on January 20, 2015, 7:57 PM
From what I've heard some people have been paid after complaining to the BBB. I hope I'll be one of them, but I'm not confident.

FreyaYuki replied to Squidwhisperer on January 21, 2015, 1:13 PM
Was worried / concerned about account deletion too and even mentioned it to the BBB but was pleasantly surprised that they haven't deleted accounts. Maybe it's because the BBB already has a record of the complaints? Who knows?

Squidwhisperer replied to FreyaYuki on January 20, 2015, 8:20 PM
Or you'll get your name marked down in Varmind 's Big Book of "People Who Challenged Me" for payback down the line, when Varmind does become the Emperor of the Internet...

FreyaYuki replied to Gina145 on January 21, 2015, 1:20 PM
I hope so too. Maybe if many more people complain and let their voices be heard instead of staying silent or passive, something positive and favorable can happen. Good luck to all of us.

Gina145 replied to Squidwhisperer on January 21, 2015, 4:39 AM
The day that happens I'll lose all faith in humanity :)

beachchair wrote on January 20, 2015, 11:43 AM
I am so over that site. At some point you just need to chalk it up to a bad memory and move on. It is just not worth the frustration any more. Best of luck to those still on that site.

FreyaYuki replied to beachchair on January 21, 2015, 1:36 PM
For people who lost a lot of money, it may not be easy to just let it go and move on especially if they got absolutely nothing at all for months of time and effort. If they want to complain and let their voices be heard, maybe something can come of it. Yeah, best of luck to everyone there. Some are still hoping to redeem and get their payments.

Gina145 wrote on January 20, 2015, 7:54 PM
I've got as far with them as you have. I'm really curious to see what happens next.

FreyaYuki replied to Gina145 on January 21, 2015, 1:38 PM
Am curious too. Hope we can all get a favorable response. Maybe if a lot of people voice their opinions and file a complaint, something can be done. Have you tried other methods of complaining? Heard suggestions about filing with the FTC and IC3 but don't have much info on these sites yet. Have you tried any of these?

Gina145 replied to FreyaYuki on January 21, 2015, 2:04 PM
No, the BBB is the first thing I've tried. I hadn't even heard about the others today and hopefully I won't need to find out more about them.

trufflehunter wrote on January 21, 2015, 12:46 AM
Sounds like they wrote you an automated reply. I heard of someone else complaining to BBB with no satisfactory response sigh.

FreyaYuki replied to trufflehunter on January 21, 2015, 1:45 PM
Yeah especially since I actually already listed my username with the initial complaint. Even listed my PayPal email though, admittedly, it wasn't the same email I used when I created an account there. When I responded, this time, I listed all the details they might need including my profile on that site. Hopefully, if many people complain and voice their opinions, there can be a favorable and satisfactory response.

Jezebella wrote on January 21, 2015, 3:03 AM
I have one more pending payment. I'm waiting to see if I get that before I do anything because I don't want them to not pay me out of spite.

FreyaYuki replied to Jezebella on January 21, 2015, 1:47 PM
Good luck. Hope you can get that payment soon. Heard of others who got paid but many had their redemptions slashed so they didn't get the full amount.

scheng1 wrote on January 23, 2015, 11:49 PM
This seems to be a great way to stall the payment matter.

FreyaYuki replied to scheng1 on January 24, 2015, 2:44 PM
They suddenly announced that they would no longer pay redemptions made before the 11th of November 2014. So many people got affected by this and many lost hundreds of dollars. Trying to file a complaint to the BBB might be able to help them. It's better than doing nothing and it is free to do this. Some have said that they've been successful when they tried this. Others have also suggested the FTC and the IC3. Maybe if a lot of people tried and let their voices be heard, something favorable can happen.

nbaquero wrote on January 25, 2015, 2:15 PM
FreyaYuki They used that trick often I am afraid. That is why my position is just to leave a Negative Review that eventually alert people about their obscure business practices. I have already written off my last redemption that I know they will never pay.

FreyaYuki replied to nbaquero on February 2, 2015, 2:08 PM
:-( Still hoping the BBB can at least do something about this. After all, there are so many people who lost so much and yet didn't do anything wrong. If everyone of these people speaks up and lets their voices be heard, maybe something can happen and something can change. Am also looking into other places that might be able to help (have heard about the FTC and IC3 though am still doing more research). I think it'd be hard for some to just let things go especially if they lost hundreds of dollars.

erikalui wrote on February 2, 2015, 8:10 AM
I sent Bubblews several emails asking them about my payment but I don't think they will again revive their old model and start paying their old members. IT's really sad as I lose over $124 :(

FreyaYuki replied to erikalui on February 2, 2015, 2:12 PM
Sorry to hear about this :-(. You can try filing a complaint or reporting them to the BBB. It's free and anyone can do it regardless of location; wrote a tutorial about this. You won't really lose anything by trying and if lots of people try, maybe something favorable can happen. It isn't fair for the site to just suddenly decide to not pay people particularly those who didn't do anything wrong.

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:05 AM
i had noticed BBs tactics months ago when they did not pay me but when I said that here many assumed I had violated rules. Violation and yours truly are poles apart not just here but also in the real world. And now whoever supported BB then have their tail tucked in and must be remembering what they said to me. (lol)

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 9:33 AM
You can consider filing a complaint to the BBB to get your missing payments from Bubblews. The site said they won't pay everyone who redeemed before Nov 11, 2014 due to fraudulent activity even if not everyone there spammed or cheated the site so it isn't fair for the innocent people.

bestwriter replied to FreyaYuki on February 7, 2015, 6:13 PM
That is too much of a rigmarole. I take it as charity. (lol)

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on January 20, 2015, 1:08 AM
- Image is by kaboompics (Public Domain) from Pixabay

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.