Writing Sites Meta

Are There Still Popup Ads On Persona Paper?

Sunday, June 17, 2018
Persona Paper is an online writing website where you can earn a little something by writing about whatever you want (as long as it isn’t against the rulers and terms). I’m a member and I’ve actually already written a few articles there. I like the site just fine. It’s got a pretty friendly community and it’s easy to write and post articles there.

Edited to add: unfortunately, Persona Paper has stopped paying its members.

What happens when you try to log on to Persona Paper? Have you tried logging on to the site lately or in the past few days?
persona paper, writing site, website stopped paying, popup ads, informational articles, reviews

Log in to Persona Paper or your account gets deleted

Anyway, since I’ve been kind of busy lately, I haven’t been able to log on to Persona Paper. But I try to regularly log in there because they have this strange rule where your account gets deleted if you don’t log in after a certain amount of time (a month, if I recall correctly). It’s really kind of very high maintenance, isn’t it? I don’t mind all that much except when I don’t have time or when something like the following happens:

Logging on to Persona Paper

Since it’s been a while since I’ve been on the aforementioned site, I thought I’d log in and see how things are going, maybe read a few articles, post one, etc. So, a few days ago (yeah, this happened a few days ago. Can’t remember the exact date off the top of my head, but it’s listed on Twitter), I went to Persona Paper. I clicked on the login button located at the top of the page. When I clicked that link, an ad suddenly popped up.

Popup ads on Persona Paper

Thankfully, I managed to close the popup ad right away before it could load. What I did was copy the link address of the login link then cleared my browser cache, cookies, etc. I then pasted the login link I copied straight on the address bar and hit the enter key. It brought me to the Persona Paper login page. It looked just fine but then, when I clicked on the username textbox so I could type my username, an ad suddenly popped up.

Who likes popup ads?

This time, I didn’t just feel rather annoyed and frustrated, I was also horrified. I hate popup ads, but, really, seriously, who doesn’t? Besides, do you think it’s right for an ad to popup when you’re trying to log on to a site? I didn’t bother to log in anymore. I just closed that login page, cleared my browser cookies and cache again then proceeded to run a quick and full scan with my anti-virus program.

Are there still popup ads on Persona Paper?

The whole incident happened a few days ago and I haven’t been back on the site since. I’m really reluctant to go back there, at least, until I’m sure it’s safe to do so. So, has anyone been there lately? Have you tried logging in? Is everything all right now? Are there still popup ads there? Does anyone have any more info?

*Notes:
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.