Writing Sites Meta

How To Find Persona Paper Articles To Read?

Sunday, April 23, 2017
How do you find articles that you want to or are interested in reading here on Persona Paper? What’s your process to help you easily find posts that you actually want to read about?

For me, there are a number of ways that I make use of to help me find interesting articles. For starters, I look at the Persona Paper homepage. You can see a short list of the most popular and most recent articles there.
Informational Articles, Persona Paper, Writing Sites, read, website
I also take a look at the site categories though you're only limited to one single page so you can’t really search for or see the much older articles.

Aside from that, I also take a look at a person’s profile page where you can see a list of all the articles that they’ve submitted to the site.

I know there’s a search box here, but I haven’t tried using it yet. So, what about you? How do you discover new articles to read about?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

melody23 wrote on August 1, 2014, 2:45 PM:
"I usually stop by the home page a few times a day to read new articles that are posted or welcome new members as I come across them."

FreyaYuki replied to melody23 on August 2, 2014, 5:21 PM:
"I also refresh the home page a few times to see if there are new articles submitted or if the popular section changed a bit so I can see if there are any interesting articles to read."

elitecodex wrote on August 1, 2014, 2:49 PM:
"We are working a way to better explore the articles on our site... that is lacking at the moment. Shortly after the redesign I hope to get that up and working."

FreyaYuki replied to elitecodex on August 2, 2014, 5:28 PM:
"That's good to know. It would be nice to be able to easily find more articles on the site. Looking forward to this upcoming feature then."

Scorpie wrote on August 1, 2014, 3:12 PM:
"The browse members from the header menu works also."

FreyaYuki replied to Scorpie on August 2, 2014, 5:31 PM:
"I haven't tried that since I'm new here and don't know many people yet. Also, the members list only lists the usernames so you won't know which of the people there have written articles that you might be interested in reading unless you can recognize the username from somewhere."

LoudMan wrote on August 1, 2014, 4:20 PM:
"I haven't had much luck with search engines yet, unless I'm doing a site specific search on a topic. And I'm grateful for your entry in the contest. :)"

FreyaYuki replied to LoudMan on August 2, 2014, 5:35 PM:
":) I've tried looking for Persona Paper articles via search engine too. If you can't think of a specific topic, you can limit the search results to only include pages from Persona Paper. It's hard to find anything though so it's better to have a topic or subject in mind but even that might not bring all that many relevant results."

AngelSharum wrote on August 1, 2014, 5:46 PM:
"I go through my activity list first and read stuff from people I follow, then I go to the front page and see if anything catches my eye. I sometimes go through the categories."

FreyaYuki replied to AngelSharum on August 2, 2014, 5:57 PM:
"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the notifications list. I also make use of it but mostly I go with checking out people's profiles or the homepage and sometimes the categories too. The problem with the categories though is that we're only limited to seeing one page so you can't really explore and look for older articles that might be interesting to you."

BarbRad wrote on August 1, 2014, 11:45 PM:
"I mostly use my notifications, people's profiles, and the Browsing menu at the top to look for subject that interest me."

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on August 2, 2014, 6:00 PM:
"Yes, I make use of my notifications list too; I forgot to mention that. The notifications make things easy because the list is so detailed and organized. But it would be nice if we could have more options with regards to searching for articles to read here. For example, if you check the categories, you'll only get to see one topic page and you can't see the older articles anymore."

*Notes:
- Image is by kaboompics (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.