Writing Sites Meta

What Is There To Like About The Changes To The Persona Paper Homepage?

Saturday, April 29, 2017
Wow. I'm so surprised. I haven't been able to log on to Persona Paper for more than a few days (I've been busy and wasn't really feeling inspired to write here) and now that I got the chance to log in, I was so surprised to see the changes to the site's homepage.

It looked pretty odd at first, but I quickly got used to it. I like the changes to the homepage of Persona Paper. It looks quite nice. I like how the articles listed there now include snippets so people can see a bit more of the post in question to help them decide if they want to continue reading or not.
Informational Articles, Writing Sites, Persona Paper, website, homepage, changes
It's also good how we can see the post author's name if we hover our mouse on the image of the article. The carousel in the middle part looks pretty cool too.

But I do have to wonder why the site name "Persona Paper" appears twice on the homepage. I see it at the top, on the header portion, where it should be. But I also see it again a bit further down, right before the site announcements.

Why is that? Wouldn't it be better if it was only listed at the very top? It does seem odd to see it repeated twice. Anyway, what do you think about the site changes? I heard there were more changes to come.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

allen0187 wrote on September 11, 2014, 8:41 AM:
"Love all the changes. It is the first of many. Can't wait for the rest of the updates."

FreyaYuki replied to allen0187 on September 25, 2014, 6:59 AM:
"I am also looking forward to the rest of the updates and changes. But I do still have to wonder why the Persona Paper logo appears twice on the front page. Has that been explained? Maybe I missed something."

Shadi wrote on September 11, 2014, 9:07 AM:
"I think its still not finished as they have things to improve. I personally would like to see a better and more attractive slideshow header and a more viewable recent posts."

FreyaYuki replied to Shadi on September 25, 2014, 7:03 AM:
"Yes, it looks like there are still improvements that need to be made. I agree with you about the slideshow header and the recent posts. But I'm glad that recent posts actually get the chance to be featured on the homepage so that everyone has the chance to appear on the front page even if it's just for a short while; that's only fair, isn't it? Maybe the slideshow could be moved up a bit so visitors / readers can see some content or articles right away without having to scroll down."

astraldreamer wrote on September 11, 2014, 2:12 PM:
"I'm still getting used to it, not sure if I like it, preferred it the way it was before, I found it quicker to navigate and I loved seeing how many views each post was getting."

FreyaYuki replied to astraldreamer on September 25, 2014, 7:13 AM:
"I think the homepage still needs some more improvement but I like that the recent posts are being displayed there and that we can see many more articles there as compared to how it was before.

"I think one of the Persona Paper logos should be removed though since there are 2 right now and wouldn't it be much better if there was only one? Perhaps the slideshow could be moved up too so some of the articles can be seen by visitors / readers without requiring them to scroll down the page. Right now, you can only see the announcements. If you want to see the articles, you have to scroll down."

Jackah wrote on September 11, 2014, 5:34 PM:
"It is quite a nice layout - although I'd like to see two themes; a light version (the current one) and a dark one (because, I write and use the site at night, so it's easier on the eyes)."

FreyaYuki replied to Jackah on September 25, 2014, 7:25 AM:
"I prefer the light version even though I usually use the site at night as well. I actually think the light version is easier on the eyes. But a dark theme or version sounds like a good idea for all those who might want it. It would be nice if you can just easily change the site look / theme by clicking on a button so you can decide if you want the light or dark look."

LarrySells wrote on September 11, 2014, 7:55 PM:
"I also like the home page, but wish that a few more department were there."

FreyaYuki replied to LarrySells on September 25, 2014, 7:29 AM:
"Sounds like a good idea. I think the homepage is still undergoing improvements. I do like how the recent posts are featured there so everyone has a chance to get their articles on the site's front page."

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:46 AM:
"This site is pretty new and we are bound to see changes if not at a galloping rate but changes are surely in the offing."

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 8:40 AM:
"Yeah, I like the changes so far and it's good that the site is improving like allowing us to edit our comments in case we make a mistake, increasing the payment rate, etc."

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.