Writing Sites Meta

Discrepancy In Number Of Persona Paper Views And Comments

Friday, March 9, 2018
This is very strange and odd. Is this really just because of the use of ad blockers or is there something else going on? Is there a bug or issue or problem on Persona Paper or something with regards to the number of views and comments that you get on your articles and the number of coins that you get in your bank page?

What's going on with Persona Paper?

Okay, let's start from the beginning. The most recent post that I published on Persona Paper is this one: "Latest News From Bubblews?" If you look at the screenshot below, you'll see that it currently has 12 views.
persona paper, writing site, informational articles, reviews
However, the article in question currently has 17 comments.

12 views versus 17 comments

What's with the discrepancy? Shouldn't the number of views be the same as the number of comments? Is this really because some of the commenters are using ad blockers, and, thus, their views are not being counted?

Some people have mentioned this before, but is this really what's happening here? This is the first time I really noticed this, maybe because of the difference in the number of views and comments. I didn't think the discrepancy could be so high.

I thought the difference would only be like 1 or 2. Have you guys noticed this too? If there is a discrepancy in the number of views and comments that you guys got on your articles, how high is the discrepancy? Do you think this is really because of the ad blocker issue or is this because of something else entirely? What are your thoughts on this matter?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

MakeMoneyOnline wrote on March 24, 2015, 11:22 AM:
We have noticed it before and I've written about one of the possible reasons here: http://www.personapaper.com/article/25543-why-people-see-more-comments-than-views-on-persona-paper-maybe

It's most probably ad blockers or just simply instances when ads were't loaded before the viewer left the site or just that ads simply didn't load (which I've noticed to be happening a lot especially on mobile devices such as my iPad). Like now, only one ad loaded and the rest are blank. I think you only get a view counted and coins awarded if all the ads load correctly.

FreyaYuki replied to MakeMoneyOnline on March 25, 2015, 9:52 AM:
I didn't think/realize the discrepancy could be so high though. So, it looks like even if you don't have an ad blocker, if the ads don't load, then no coins will be awarded.

grandma20121 wrote on March 24, 2015, 2:29 PM:
Hmm this is a really good question but i certainly do not know the correct answer, i dont really know too much bout the ad blockers thing.

FreyaYuki replied to grandma20121 on March 25, 2015, 9:55 AM:
Yeah, I wondered why there was such a high discrepancy between the number of views and the number of comments.

valmnz wrote on March 24, 2015, 5:15 PM:
I've been noticing similar occurrences as well. I've also noticed that not all my comments are credited in coins, even though I always make sure I have more than 40 characters if I'm in doubt.

FreyaYuki replied to valmnz on March 25, 2015, 9:57 AM:
Thanks for confirming the issue. Maybe this is a bug or glitch or something? I hope elitecodex can look into this as well. I just noticed the issue with the comments as well. It's exactly what you say. Sometimes, the comment will get a coin, but, at other times, no coin will be given even though all the comments are more than 40 characters.

Alexandoy wrote on March 24, 2015, 6:45 PM:
I hope technical glitches can be solved. Posts like this are important in the development of this site.

FreyaYuki replied to Alexandoy on March 25, 2015, 10:10 AM:
Yeah. I saw some other posts that talk about this. I hope it can be resolved soon.

peachpurple wrote on March 25, 2015, 4:33 AM:
yeah, i didn't notice that either, you made a point. Maybe it is the ads blocker

FreyaYuki replied to peachpurple on March 25, 2015, 10:13 AM:
It could be because of ad blockers, because the ads didn't load correctly on the page or it might also be because of a bug or glitch or something else entirely.

scheng1 wrote on March 25, 2015, 8:57 AM:
I do not think the reason is due to ad blocker. If it is, we would have noticed it long ago. I report to Admin because in one article where I leave comment, my view did not register. I know that all ads are loaded, because I do not use ad block, and I have refreshed the post a few times.

FreyaYuki replied to scheng1 on March 25, 2015, 10:18 AM:
I doubted that it was because of ad blockers too since the discrepancy was kind of really high, and, from the looks of things, it seems that many of us are experiencing this, so it may be because of a bug or glitch or something. Hopefully, elitecodex can look into this. I don't use ad blockers either.

BarbRad wrote on March 25, 2015, 2:22 PM:
My guess would be that only unique views are counted, whereas every comment, even yours, appear on the page. Your own view wouldn't be counted more than once, nor would the views of people who come back to see responses to comments they made or to comment again. Before I started to write my comment, this post had 14 comments, including yours. It had 12 views. Seven of the comments were your own. To me that says other people who did not comment viewed the page and their views were counted and your view was counted only once. MaeLou? Am I right?

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on March 26, 2015, 8:05 AM:
But I hadn't responded to the comments on that article yet when I posted this article, so there were 12 views and 17 comments, but none of those comments were mine and those 17 comments were from different people. I thought the discrepancy seemed too high, so I posted about it. It seems that others like valmnz and MakeMoneyOnline have also noticed and experienced this as they mentioned in their comments here. I don't know if this is really because of the use of ad blockers or if there's a bug or glitch here or something.

MaeLou replied to FreyaYuki on March 26, 2015, 8:44 AM:
There is more than one reason that a view would not be counted. It's not impossible to have 5 people with ad blockers out of 17. We do have quite a bit of users using ad blockers. If ads do not show up because they are taking a while to load and searching for one to display, that could be another reason. If ads don't appear, we don't pay for those views. There are other ways too, but of course, we cannot announce those in order to prevent people from cheating the system.

shaggin83 wrote on March 25, 2015, 9:04 PM:
I have never noticed it on any of my posts, but I do not get a very large number of views or comments. This is a pretty big difference in the amount of views it says instead of what it should be. I hope you get credited correctly for this.

FreyaYuki replied to shaggin83 on March 26, 2015, 8:11 AM:
I noticed this one because the discrepancy was quite high. Thanks. I hope it gets sorted out too. From what others have said, it looks like many are experiencing this too, so I do hope the admin can look into this.

AdGoggleKo wrote on July 10, 2015, 2:26 AM:
I am not monitoring views and comments count on my posts so I haven't noticed it. :)

*Notes:
- Image is a screenshot of this article from back when this was posted on another site
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.