Writing Sites Meta

What's Wrong With The Daily Two Cents Page Views Counter?

Saturday, April 28, 2018
Happy new year (okay, it’s not the first of January anymore, but thought I’d say it anyway). I just logged on to Daily Two Cents (online writing site where you can earn some passive or residual income) and was very surprised when I looked at the number of views listed on my profile page.
daily two cents, writing site, page view counter, informational article

Daily Two Cents view counter

I was surprised because, now, the only thing I could see on my DTC profile page was the number of views for January 2015. The views for December 2014, November 2014 and the other months in 2014 were nowhere to be found. I was confused and wondered what had happened or what had caused this to happen.

Blog post

I’m glad I saw the Daily Two Cents blog post that talked about this problem though and I’m glad that DTC informed us about this so we know what’s going on. It looks like there’s something wrong with the view counter again.



But, while it may not be displaying views, according to the aforementioned blog post, the views counter is still counting them so that’s good. I do hope this gets resolved soon. Now, I wonder if it’s the same for Writedge (another writing site like DTC)? Perhaps it is. I’ll find out for sure when I log on to the site later.

Edited to add: Both sites have now changed their payment model from pay-per-view to revenue share.

*Notes:
- Image is by Unsplash (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- YouTube video features the Daily Two Cents WordPress dashboard where you can see the link to your profile page
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.