Writing Sites Meta

Writedge And Daily Two Cents Lowers Pay Rate Per Thousand Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Also known as "Thoughts on Writedge and Daily Two Cents lowering pay rate from $5 to $1.50 per thousand page views".

If you write on the aforementioned writing sites, then you must have heard the news about how the 2 sites were lowering the payment rate from $5 per thousand page views to $1.50 per thousand page views. What are your thoughts on this? What can be said about this?
writedge, daily two cents, writing sites, payment model, google adsense, revenue share, rev-share, pay-per-view, reviews, informational articles
I haven’t been on Daily Two Cents or on Writedge lately since I’ve been quite busy with lots of other stuff, but I did hear about this news.

On that note, I’d first like to say I appreciate how the site admins sent the members an email about this. If I didn’t get that email, I might not have known about this until much later. As it is, since I got that email, I was able to know more about this and I even got to vote in the poll so I could have a say in this matter like all the other writers on these websites.

Of course, I was disappointed and sad to hear the news about the payment rate being lowered. I was already- well, I wasn’t feeling all that good at seeing how traffic on both Daily Two Cents and Writedge seems to have fallen lately. I hope the traffic can increase soon. Anyway, I do understand why Michelle and Danielle are doing this.

Pay per view vs Google AdSense rev share

What did you vote for on the poll? Did you choose to lower the pay per view or did you choose the 50/50 Google AdSense rev share? For me, I chose the first option. And I’m actually glad this was the option that was chosen in the end.

It’s because I don’t have AdSense yet so I might have had to move my posts from Daily Two Cents and Writedge to elsewhere if the AdSense option won (unless I could get an AdSense account). Considering that the first option won, it looks like there are a number of others who also still don’t have an AdSense account.

Anyway, the admins did say that the $1.50 per thousand page views isn’t going to be permanent so I’m hoping they’ll be able to increase that amount soon and that traffic here can increase soon too. So, what about you? What do you think about all this?

Edited to add: Oh, yeah, the $1.50 was definitely not permanent. No, the pay rate wasn't increased. Instead, the two writing websites have once again changed their payment model. They're now going with the Google AdSense rev share route. The last time I posted articles on either site, the traffic was also still low.

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.