Writing Sites Meta

Good News From Bubblews

Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Also known as "Not just another Bubblews redemption post".

Okay, maybe no one will see this article here since traffic on Daily Two Cents is kind of low lately, but I wanted to post this here anyway in case it can help someone, in case someone, anyone, can see it. I hope this can help someone, and, yes, this is related to Bubblews and payments or redemptions.
bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, site stop paying, website shut down, how to get paid, file complaint, bbb, better business bureau
We (well, at least those who write there and, eh, many others, I suppose) all know what happened with Bubblews, right? They said they would no longer pay redemptions made before November 11, 2014.

So many people lost so much even if they didn’t do anything wrong. I lost an August 2014 redemption too. Of course, we were upset. That’s completely understandable. If you’ve lost money, there’s no way you’d just get over it right away especially if you lost hundreds of dollars, right?

Complain to – BBB, FTC, IC3

I heard suggestions of filing complaints to the BBB (Better Business Bureau), the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). I decided to file a complaint to the BBB. I considered the other two as well though I wanted more info before doing so. I don’t have to do that anymore though.

Bubblews paid

Yes, you read that right. I filed a complaint to the BBB and they helped me out. It took some time. I don’t know how long (sorry, I don’t have a copy of the records on hand at the moment, and, to be honest, I didn’t really bother to count since I didn’t know if anything good would happen after asking for help from the BBB), but the waiting doesn’t matter if you get favorable results in the end, right?

So, yes, I finally got my long-overdue payment from August 20, 2014. Bubblews sent it to my PayPal account on February 3, 2015 and the e-check cleared on February 5, 2015. There was a fee amount of $2.68 though. Nonetheless, I’m very happy about this. I didn’t really think I’d get anything, but I thought I’d try anyway because why not? You won’t lose anything by trying, and, at the very least, even if nothing comes of it, you can say that, "hey, at least I tried, so I won’t have to wonder what if..."

Exercise your rights! Let your voice be heard

If you lost money from Bubblews and you know you honestly, truly didn’t do anything wrong, I encourage you to try and let your voice be heard. We all have rights even if we may seem insignificant to all the big companies and corporations out there. I’m not saying you’ll get paid because I honestly don’t know (I guess this is up to the BBB and Bubblews or just Bubblews), but, from my experience, I think there’s a big possibility that you will receive your payment.

File a complaint to the BBB

Here are some things that you might want to know if you’re interested in asking the Better Business Bureau for help:

  • It’s free to file a complaint to the BBB – so you really won’t lose anything by trying
  • Your location doesn’t matter – the BBB doesn’t care where in the world you’re currently living or staying, so feel free to file a complaint
  • However, you’re required to give your real name and your address when you file your complaint
  • Also, be sure to explain everything that happened in your complaint, and, if you’re mad, just refrain or do NOT write profanities or threaten anyone in your complaint or the BBB might not process it

I wrote a tutorial about this here if you need some help on exactly what you need to do, what you need to fill out, what you should say, etc. Or you can just ask me here on Daily Two Cents in the comments section below and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. I hope this can help someone and that all the innocent people who didn’t do anything wrong will also get their payments from Bubblews.

*Notes:
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.