Writing Sites Meta

1 Reason To Exercise Your Freedom Of Speech

Wednesday, July 18, 2018
I don’t know if anyone is going to see this here on Writedge since traffic is kind of low lately, but I wanted to post this here in case it can help someone.
bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, site stop paying, website shut down, how to get paid, file complaint, bbb, better business bureau
This is about Bubblews, redemption, and payments, and, yes, there’s also a reason why I added the "exercise your freedom of speech" to the title. I actually want to say more than that in the title, but it’s long enough as it is, so I’ll just say it here in the body of the post.

Bubblews and redemptions made on November 2014

The news about Bubblews no longer paying redemptions made before the 11th of November 2014 due to fraudulent activity shocked all its members. It upset all those who redeemed before the 11th and understandably so. Many lost hundreds of dollars, so how can they be expected to just get over losing so much money as if it was a mere "inconvenience"?

Even those who didn’t lose much have a right to be upset. All those who didn’t do anything wrong and yet have to suffer for the mistakes and sins of the spammers and cheaters should let their voices be heard. Speak up. Don’t be silent. If you say nothing, then how can anything be done about this?

Filing complaints

I’ve heard suggestions of filing complaints to the BBB (Better Business Bureau), FTC (Federal Trade Commission) and the IC3 (Internet Crime Complaint Center). I decided to start with the BBB with the intention of trying the other 2 later on. I thought, what have I got to lose by trying? Even if nothing comes of this, at least I can say that I tried and won’t have to wonder "what if..."

Complaining to the BBB

So, I filed a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. It took a while before anything happened. The initial response I got back from Bubblews by way of the BBB was them (Bubblews) asking me for the original email address I used to sign up or create a Bubblews account as well as my Bubblews username.

Asking for my username was completely unnecessary because I already listed that in my original complaint and even included my PayPal email. Admittedly, I didn’t give the email address that I used to sign up for Bubblews, but I didn’t think that’d even be important. I mean, if they have all this info already, they can easily find the rest on their database and records, right?

Anyway, regardless, I gave the information they asked for. Again, I had to wait for quite a while before I got a response. This was the one that I was waiting for. To say I was surprised is an understatement because I guess I never really thought this would happen.

Bubblews pays

Yup, you read that right. I redeemed last August 20, 2014, and, finally, after filing a complaint to the BBB, Bubblews paid me my missing redemption. They sent the e-check to my PayPal account on February 3, 2015 and it got cleared on February 5, 2015.

This is a very happy and wonderful news, and I encourage everyone who’ve also lost money to strongly consider filing a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Note that I’m not saying that you’ll definitely be paid because that’s not under my control, but, based on my experience, there’s a good chance that you will also get paid.

How to file a complaint to the BBB?

You can go straight to their site and just search for Bubblews or their file a complaint link and then fill out the form. I wrote a tutorial about this here in case you need some help. You can also feel free to ask me questions here in the comments section and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.

Important things to note about filing a complaint to the BBB:


  • Your location doesn’t matter – you could be anywhere in the world and the BBB will accept your complaint, so don’t think that you don’t matter and that you’re insignificant and that no one will listen to you. Just try, speak up and let your voice be heard
  • It’s free to file a complaint – don’t worry, you don’t have to pay a single cent to complain to the BBB and this is all the more reason to do so because what more will you lose, right? You already lost so much money. If there’s a chance that you can get your payments, don’t you want to at least try?
  • If you file a complaint – please do NOT include profanities or threats when you fill out the form or the BBB might not process it

So, what are you waiting for? Is there a reason to hesitate? If you know that you honestly, truly, really didn’t do anything wrong, then, exercise your freedom of speech, speak up, and let your voice be heard. We’re all humans and we all get hurt and we all have rights, so we shouldn’t just let others walk all over us.

We might seem small and insignificant compared to all the big and powerful companies out there, but that doesn’t make us any less human and that doesn’t remove our rights. We need to stay united and fight for what is right, for the truth, for what we believe in.

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.