Writing Sites Meta

How To Get Your Redemption Payment From Bubblews Via The Better Business Bureau (BBB)?

Wednesday, November 28, 2018
What happens after you file a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau)? I don't know if anyone can recall, but I wrote an article here on Persona Paper about filing a complaint with the BBB or the Better Business Bureau against you-know-who (also known as Bubblews). I also wrote about the first response that I got from Bubblews courtesy of the BBB.

bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, bbb, better business bureau, complaints, file complaint, website not paying, getting your money, get paid

Giving Bubblews the info they want

After replying to that response and giving them the info they were asking for (I pretty much gave all the info now - the original email address I used to create a Bubblews account, my PayPal email, my Bubblews profile page URL link address, my Bubblews username, etc, so they will hopefully not have any more reason to stall or ask for additional info), I had to wait for quite a bit of time again before getting another response.

Very happy surprise from Bubblews and the BBB

This was the reply that I was waiting for though, so I didn't mind the long wait. Needless to say, I was very surprised about this. I almost couldn't believe it. I didn't think this would happen. I mean, of course I wanted this to happen, but, well, you know, there's always the doubt that, eh, nothing's going to happen, so why bother, right?

Bubblews Redemption

But, anyway, yes, I finally received my payment from Bubblews . There, let me highlight that for those who prefer to skim-read. The reply from Bubblews that the BBB sent to me was that they supposedly processed my redemption already. Again, the BBB asked me if the issue was resolved already, but I wasn't going to answer that question until I knew for sure.

The proof from PayPal

So the next thing I did was check my PayPal account. Yup, it was right there. Bubblews sent me an e-check on February 3, 2015, and it got cleared on February 5, 2015, so it's all there in my PayPal account now.

This was for the August 20, 2014 redemption that I asked the BBB for help with. PayPal did deduct a $2.68 fee amount from the total that I got, but, eh, I can let that go though it kind of bothers me. I'm still really happy that I finally got paid 😃.

Thanks to the BBB

I responded to the BBB, answering that, yes, my issue has been resolved. I thanked them for their help and added that I hoped that they and Bubblews could also pay all those who didn't get paid but didn't do anything wrong.

Speak up! Let your voice be heard! Exercise your rights!

With all that said, I strongly encourage you guys to consider filing a complaint to the BBB. I'm not saying that you'll get paid because I honestly don't know. This isn't up to me, but, based on my experience, there's a strong possibility that you'll get your money.

Filing a complaint is free and your location doesn't matter

Besides, it's free to file a complaint, and you don't have to be in the USA (United States of America, and, yes, I know you know what that means, but I just had to type it out. Sorry, Hetalia reference. LOL, and, really, I could have replaced that A with Alfred, but I won't 😃) to do this.

You can be anywhere in the world, and the BBB will still try to help you, so exercise your rights, speak up, and let your voice be heard. If you say nothing, how can anything happen?

Need help? Ask

If you need help with filling out the form, just ask. I did write a detailed tutorial about it (because this was what I was looking for way back when I wanted to file my own complaint to the BBB. I couldn't find anything of use though, so I had to figure things out myself), but you don't have to go there if you don't want to.

If you prefer, just go straight here: www. bbb. org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-services/bubblews-in-san-francisco-ca-525234/file-a-complaint

I hope this helps someone and that all the innocent people out there who lost their redemptions will also get paid 😃.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

amyk49 wrote on February 7, 2015, 9:12 AM
Wow, that's really great news that they paid your missing August payment. Obviously, they would NEVER have paid it had you not made the complaint with the BBB. You have inspired me to file a complaint as well, because I have $53 that was never paid from August 2014. Thanks for posting!

FreyaYuki replied to amyk49 on February 8, 2015, 4:25 PM
You're welcome 😃. Yes, I didn't expect to get anything, but I thought I'd try anyway. I'm glad I tried and that the response I got was favorable. Good luck to you and I hope you get your payment too.

grandma20121 wrote on February 7, 2015, 9:47 AM
I can not believe it, I guess it did pay you to speak up about your missing payment, I wonder if more people spoke up and complained about there missing payments if they would be paid to?

FreyaYuki replied to grandma20121 on February 8, 2015, 4:36 PM
I couldn't believe it either until I checked my PayPal and saw the e-check there. I don't know if others will be paid too but I'm hoping that they will if they try speaking up too. If they try, there's a chance that they'll get a favorable response as opposed to simply doing nothing.

Anyway, what have they got to lose by trying? It's free and all it takes is a bit of time to fill out the form and explain the situation. The wait time is definitely longer than filling out the form.

LeaPea2417 wrote on February 7, 2015, 12:51 PM
That is very good that you complained in the proper way and finally got the payment. I hope more will get their missing payments.

FreyaYuki replied to LeaPea2417 on February 8, 2015, 4:38 PM
Yeah, I hope all those who did nothing wrong can also get their payments.

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on February 7, 2015, 8:57 AM
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.