Writing Sites Meta

Questions About LinkedIn And IC3

Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Is there anyone here who has a LinkedIn account? Mind if I ask a question 😃? I'm starting to look into LinkedIn and am just wondering - If I decide to create an account on LinkedIn, can I use a pen name or pseudonym?

Also, how is LinkedIn working out for you? Do you find it useful or helpful to you? Would you recommend this social media site?

bubblews, writing site, informational article, questions, linkedin, social media, ic3, internet crime complaint center

Okay, that's about it for this topic. Now, on to the next one. IC3 stands for Internet Crime Complaint Center. Heard somewhere that you can maybe use this to complain about or report the-site-that-shall-not-be-named (you-know-who I'm talking about. LOL. If not, I mean Bubblews). If we're talking about that site, then anyone can file a complaint regardless of location.

Anyway, am wondering if anyone has tried this before? How is the whole process of filing? What exactly do you need to do? What do you need to say?

Am also wondering if what we experienced on the-site-that-shall-not-be-named is something that we can complain about or report to the IC3? What do you think?

They did just erase all the money they owe their members with one announcement. They said the money we earned didn't exist. Their TOS says they won't change things retroactively, but they did it anyway, etc.

So, could any of that be classified as fraud or as a crime or something? Anyone know anything? Still looking for more info, so, if anyone knows anything, care to share 😃?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

BarbRad wrote on January 17, 2015, 6:08 PM
I think LinkedIn is most useful for people wanting to make business contacts. I think of it as a site for professionals who want to network and have a place to check into possible employers or employees. I haven't found it particularly useful for me yet, but many of my writing friends use it. Maybe some of them will chime in. I would not use a pseudonym there, since it's primarily for business networking.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on January 25, 2015, 1:51 PM
Thanks for the info. Am trying to research and find out more about this. I did hear that it can be a good site like the other social networking ones out there like Twitter, Pinterest, etc.

scheng1 wrote on January 24, 2015, 11:23 PM
I have Linkedin account too, but I do not use my real name.

FreyaYuki replied to scheng1 on January 25, 2015, 1:48 PM
Oh, so it's okay for us to use a pen name on LinkedIn? Was thinking of creating an account there using a pen name or pseudonym, but wondered if that was allowed or not and wanted to see if there were members of that site who used pen names too.

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:07 AM
I have a linked in account and realise that it has not enthused me in anyway to look at the messages that I keep receiving - so and say wants to add and stuff.

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 9:31 AM
Ah, I see. Do you use a pen name for your LinkedIn account?

bestwriter replied to FreyaYuki on February 7, 2015, 6:14 PM
I have used my own name. There it is all about one's real life.

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 8, 2015, 4:20 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks. Will look into this further when I get more time.

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on January 17, 2015, 11:12 AM
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.