Writing Sites Meta

Tips On What To Write On Your BBB (Better Business Bureau) Complaint Form

Friday, November 30, 2018
Want to or planning to file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau? Here are some tips to help you out.

bubblews, writing sites, reviews, informational articles, bbb, better business bureau, complaints, file complaint, website not paying, getting your money, get paid

Important things to know first

  • be honest and truthful
  • you don't need to pay a single cent to file your complaint
  • your location doesn't matter - the BBB doesn't care where you are, so feel free to ask them for help
  • you need to give your real name and your home address - sorry, but they don't accept anonymous complaints. Your info should be secure because the site uses the https:// and they won't post any of your private info on their site
  • do NOT threaten anyone or include profanities on your complaint or the BBB might not process it. Just try to be calm and write in a polite and civil manner even if you're feeling upset and angry

If you're filing a complaint to the BBB against Bubblews, here are some tips

First, it's best to give out the following info right away to speed up the process and so you won't be getting a follow-up response asking for the info. This is what happened to me so I advice you to just give the info already so you won't have to wait twice as long for the real response:

  • your Bubblews username
  • the email address you used to create your Bubblews account

The above are the info that they asked me for in their response, but I also suggest that you include the following (they didn't ask me for this, but I don't know if it's because I already listed it or because they don't need it, but better to give it just in case, right? Anyway, your info won't be posted in public, so no worries):

  • your PayPal email address
  • your Bubblews profile page link address

Tips on what to write on the form you have to fill out: You'll be asked to explain the situation and I suggest that you explain everything with as much detail as possible.

Just be honest and tell them exactly what happened. Invite them to look at your profile and articles on Bubblews, the comments you left, your site activity, etc just to prove to them that you really followed all of the rules and that you didn't do anything wrong and that you're not one of those spammers and cheaters that Bubblews is talking about and refusing to pay.

Here are some of the things that I included in the complaint that I filed (again, remember to be as honest and truthful as possible):

  • tell them that you didn't plagiarize anything and that all of your content is yours and not stolen from somewhere
  • tell them you didn't leave spammy comments on the site
  • tell them you didn't randomly follow people but that you have no control over who follows you so you shouldn't be faulted if spammers and cheaters decided to follow you
  • if you use pics in your posts, tell them that you only use the ones that are in the public domain or that have the creative commons license or that all the pics are yours
  • tell them the exact amount that Bubblews owes you - give all the dates - when you redeemed, how much you redeemed, the expected payment date

The Bubblews Terms Of Service (TOS)

I also mentioned the Bubblews TOS in my complaint. Their latest TOS includes the "retroactive" clause and I quoted that in my complaint form, including the question that - if Bubblews says changes will not apply retroactively, then how come they applied this latest redemption change retroactively?

I also mentioned that there were others like me who didn't do anything wrong and yet didn't get paid so you can add this to your complaint form too to show that you're not the only one having problems and that something is going on here that needs to be looked into. That's all for now. If you need more help, feel free to ask 😃.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

amyk49 wrote on February 7, 2015, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the information. I just filed my complaint. I did leave out some things you mentioned, so I will be getting the follow up email, but that's okay.

FreyaYuki replied to amyk49 on February 8, 2015, 3:46 PM
You're welcome. Good luck and I hope you get a favorable response too 😃.

GayleStorm wrote on February 7, 2015, 11:18 AM
That's some good information. I think Bubblers that have been wronged should definitely submit complaints. I feel like the only one who didn't loose a bunch of money after their big changes.

FreyaYuki replied to GayleStorm on February 8, 2015, 3:49 PM
Yes, I think that all the innocent people who didn't do anything wrong and yet still lost a lot of money should let their voices be heard. I hope they get their payments too.

arthurchappell wrote on February 7, 2015, 1:12 PM
Hope you get a good response to your complaint good luck

FreyaYuki replied to arthurchappell on February 8, 2015, 3:54 PM
Thank you 😃. I wrote about this in the post before this one. Yes, I did get a good response. I hope others who try this also get a favorable response.

Squidwhisperer wrote on February 7, 2015, 1:17 PM
Looks like BBB will be having to put out ads now for more staff... as the Bubblewsy flood-waters rise...

FreyaYuki replied to Squidwhisperer on February 8, 2015, 4:01 PM
LOL. I don't know how they managed it, but they've been very helpful.

AliCanary wrote on February 7, 2015, 1:27 PM
What a great idea for a post! This will be EXTREMELY helpful to people. I especially like the way you pointed out their TOS said changes would not be retroactive--great point!

FreyaYuki replied to AliCanary on February 8, 2015, 4:03 PM
Thanks. I hope it helps people and it encourages all those who lost money and yet didn't do anything wrong to also try and let their voice be heard. I wish them luck and hope they can get a favorable response too. Yes, I mentioned this part of the TOS in my BBB complaint.

trufflehunter wrote on February 7, 2015, 4:05 PM
Although I wasn't planning to file a complaint (and B did skip out on a few payments to me), this is a great tutorial. Thank you.

FreyaYuki replied to trufflehunter on February 8, 2015, 4:05 PM
You're welcome 😃. It's up to you on what to do, but it is free to file a complaint, location doesn't matter and you might get a favorable response too.

allen0187 wrote on February 7, 2015, 11:56 PM
Thank you very much for sharing this very informative post. You did mention that the BBB will act on complaints regarding the residence of the complainant, does this apply to international users such as myself?

FreyaYuki replied to allen0187 on February 8, 2015, 4:12 PM
You're welcome. I hope you get a favorable response too if you try this. Your location doesn't matter to the BBB. If you fill out the form, you will see a drop-down list asking you to input your location. At first glance, it seems like you can only choose from the USA states, but if you scroll down the list, you will see the rest of the countries of the world so just choose your country from that list.

allen0187 replied to FreyaYuki on February 8, 2015, 7:59 PM
Ok thanks! Worth the shot to get my cash. Plus, anything that I can do to inconvenience those people at bubble ooze would be worth it in my opinion.

FreyaYuki replied to allen0187 on February 22, 2015, 3:04 AM
You're welcome. Good luck and I hope you can get your payment too 😃. I did get my August 2014 redemption from Bubblews thanks to the BBB.

erikalui wrote on February 8, 2015, 3:26 PM
Thanks dear. I have just filed a complaint today and am hoping to get a positive response. Please wish me luck :)

FreyaYuki replied to erikalui on February 8, 2015, 4:14 PM
You're welcome. And I wish you lots of luck. I hope you get a favorable response too 😃.

seren3 wrote on February 8, 2015, 9:38 PM
I am sure this guide is helpful to many! Thanks for the information!

FreyaYuki replied to seren3 on February 18, 2015, 4:20 PM
You're welcome 😃. I hope the others can get their payments too.

*Notes:
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on February 7, 2015, 10:55 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.