Writing Sites Meta

When Did It Become Such A Hassle To Post A Comment On Writedge?

Sunday, January 1, 2017
I just read the post on the Writedge blog. It contains 3 polls. The first one was on whether or not the theme of both Writedge and Daily Two Cents (writing sites that used to pay per view, but have since changed their payment model, unfortunately) should be changed.

The second was on whether or not the hashcore plugin should be removed and the third was on whether or not the WP Keyword Suggest plugin should be removed.

After reading the blog post, I decided to leave a comment. I spent some time typing my comment (yeah, it’s kind of long, but I’ll talk about that in another post).

Afterward, I clicked on the post comment button. Before, what used to happen was that the page would load and then your comment would be posted and you can see it right away.

Now, this is what happened. Look at the pic below:
writege, writing site, blog, comment problems
I was brought to this page when I tried to submit my comment on the Writedge blog. I wouldn’t have minded this so much if I could actually see the captcha. But if you can’t see anything, then what are you supposed to type?

And, yes, I did try to refresh the page. Several times, in fact. I kept getting the same thing before I finally got a captcha.

So, I typed the captcha and then pressed the enter key on my keyboard (I wonder why there is no submit button though?). This is what happened:
writedge, writing site, blog, captcha, comment problem, posts
Which was completely and totally ridiculous, because, of course, the captcha values matched. The captcha that I got was easy to read.

I didn’t have any trouble deciphering or understanding it, so I typed it perfectly and yet it still gave me this annoying error.

Yes, I did try again. I thought it might be because I used all lowercase letters even though some of the letters in the captcha were uppercase, so, this time, I typed the letters exactly as I saw them.

I still got this error though. And, did you notice the missing “t” in the “does no match”? LOL. What’s up with that?

Anyway, I was getting really frustrated and annoyed, but I tried again. I tried a few more times before giving up.

Seriously, this is such a hassle and so inconvenient. I wonder if this is the reason why there are currently no comments on this blog post.

I mean, who would bother commenting if they have to deal with this, right? I really hope this doesn’t happen if you try to comment on a Writedge or Daily Two Cents article.

And I hope this gets fixed as soon as possible. What about you? Have you experienced this error or problem?

*Notes:
- Pics are screenshots that I took of what happened when I tried to leave a comment on the latest post on the Writedge blog
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.