Writing Sites Meta

Can’t See Or Reply To Comments Posted On Daily Two Cents

Saturday, January 7, 2017
I’m not sure what’s going on, but, when I comment on other people’s articles on Daily Two Cents (writing site that used to pay per view, but have since changed their payment model, unfortunately where you can earn some passive or residual income by posting articles), the comment doesn’t show up on the article.
daily two cents, writing site, comment problem
I thought maybe it might just take a while to show up, so I gave it some time. When I checked the article in question (without being logged in) later on, I saw that my comment was there and there were even replies to it. There were other comments too.

I then logged on to Daily Two Cents to respond to the comments, but, when I checked that article again, I couldn’t see any comments, including mine.

But the text below the comment box says that I’m subscribed to the article, so I know I really commented on that article since I check the subscribe box every time I leave a comment so I can check back if there’s a reply.

Have you experienced this? Why is this happening? I wanted to be able to reply to the comments but can’t do so if I can’t even see the comments.

The strange thing is that this is only happening to articles written by others. When I get comments on my posts, I usually use the comments link on the Daily Two Cents WordPress dashboard to reply to those comments.

When I check the posts, I do see all the comments including my replies, so I don’t know why it’s not the same for the other articles I comment on.

Now, I’ve to log out just to comment then log back in to post articles on Daily Two Cents and respond to the comments on my posts.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any idea what’s going on or how to fix this problem?

Edited to add: I asked about this in the forums. It seems that there’s some sort of bug for those who are using the Google Chrome internet browser. They’re still trying to figure out what’s wrong and how to fix it.

Temporary work-around: Log out to see the comments on the article then log in on another page. Type your comment on the article and click submit.

When the page refreshes, you won’t see your comment or anyone else’s anymore since you’re already logged in, but if you log out to check, your comment should have been successfully submitted.

*Notes:
- Image is a screenshot of what I see on an article I commented on when I’m logged in to Daily Two Cents. When I’m logged out, I can see all the comments on that post, including mine
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.