Writing Sites Meta

Happy Surprise At Persona Paper

Wednesday, January 25, 2017
So, it's been a while since I last logged on to Persona Paper - okay, wait, that's a lie :-). To clarify, the 3rd of January 2015 was when I last logged on to this site, so that's like a day ago from now.
persona paper, writing site
But, before that, my last login was December 2014 (based on the date of the post I wrote before the latest ones I'd just posted), so, it has been a while.

Actually, I meant to write about this surprising news I found yesterday (on the 3rd, when I logged in again after some time), but, I don't know - I think I might have gotten distracted with all the new and interesting posts I found here :-). That, and I guess I just didn't have time anymore :-).

Anyway, here's the surprising news that I heard about - when I logged on to Persona Paper on January, I was surprised to find out about the changes, namely that the exchange rate has gone up and so has the minimum payout threshold. Are there other changes here that I should know about?

I'm happy to hear about the increase in the exchange rate :-). The increase in the Persona Paper minimum payout threshold from $5 to $20 is kind of high, but it's not that bad.

It might just take longer to get there, not that I was anywhere near the initial $5 payout anyway, but still.

Update: Unfortunately, Persona Paper has stopped paying its writers, so it doesn't matter anymore how many coins you have in your bank page there. It's no longer worth anything. The increase in the minimum payment threshold really wasn't that bad at all... if only they'd continued paying :-(.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

RegieEstioco wrote on January 4, 2015, 1:29 AM:
"As I have mentioned in one of my articles, Persona fulfilled its promise approximately 10 minutes before the 12 midnight of December 31.

"It increased the bank exchange rate and minimum cash out threshold. So far, those are the changes made this New Year."

FreyaYuki replied to RegieEstioco on January 6, 2015, 11:41 AM:
"I didn't know about the exact time when these changes were made. Thanks for the info. The increase in exchange rate is a good surprise for the new year."

LadyDuck wrote on January 4, 2015, 2:34 AM:
"They announced a rate increase just before midnight, a great New Year gift... others gave bad news at the same time."

FreyaYuki replied to LadyDuck on January 6, 2015, 11:48 AM:
"This is a nice surprise for the new year and something I definitely wouldn't mind hearing about on new year's eve. It's too bad some other sites tried to ruin the new year for so many people."

peachpurple wrote on January 4, 2015, 4:01 AM:
"i am still new here, all i know is $20 is the min payout which will take me 6 months to reach that figure"

MaeLou replied to peachpurple on January 4, 2015, 11:50 AM:
"It shouldn't if you continue to post and comment and our numbers keep increasing like they are now."

FreyaYuki replied to peachpurple on January 6, 2015, 11:55 AM:
"Yeah, it might take time to reach the minimum payout threshold but at leas the exchange rate has gone up.

"Hopefully, as more people join the site and interact, the activity will increase and people can reach payout faster."

BarbRad wrote on January 4, 2015, 4:37 AM:
"Compared to other sites I could but won't mention, $20 is very reasonable. I have to wait for $50 at most other sites."

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on January 6, 2015, 12:01 PM:
"Yeah, $20 is a reasonable number. And it might be a bit easier to reach the payment threshold since the exchange rate has gone up."

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.