Writing Sites Meta

What's Wrong With The Ads On Persona Paper?

Thursday, June 22, 2017
Who else has noticed these ads on Persona Paper? Those moving and bouncing ads featuring women. Who likes these ads? Why are they here? What do you think about them?

I know at least one other person has noticed these ads: crowntower and a post was written about it here. I agree about not liking these kinds of ads :-(. I don't like them either and wish they weren't being displayed here of all places.
Informational Articles, Reviews, Writing Sites, Persona Paper, ads, advertisements, problems
And there were some complaining about the ads on Bubblews, but I've just been to Bubblews (briefly, just to see if there were new updates and changes. There were none, just so you know, but is that surprising?).

I've seen some of the ads there and none of them were like the ones here on Persona Paper. Even those AdBlade ads didn't seem all that offensive or bad, compared to the ones here. Sometimes, even refreshing the page doesn't get rid of the ads.

I talked about that moving Statue of Liberty ad in an earlier post and I don't exactly like that either, but I'll choose that ad over these kinds of ads any day. Come back Statue of Liberty ad. I don't really hate you. Much.

I mean, I can put up with you. Really. So, don't go. And replace these annoying ads with yourself, okay? So, what about you? What do you think about these kinds of ads?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

Prophetess wrote on March 5, 2015, 2:45 PM:
I have read several complaints about this. The world we live in is all about sэx and all things disgusting. There is a new tv show called Schitz Creek. That says it all. I hope they take away this offensive ad.

FreyaYuki replied to Prophetess on March 6, 2015, 4:11 PM:
:-( Yes, I do hope they get rid of these offensive ads. Unfortunately, I'm still seeing them occasionally. :-( Are you still seeing them as well?

erikalui wrote on March 5, 2015, 3:25 PM:
I too don't like the adult ads being shown here. It does not seem decent and should be removed.

FreyaYuki replied to erikalui on March 6, 2015, 4:13 PM:
Yes, I completely agree. Persona Paper shouldn't be a site where ads like this are displayed.

MakeMoneyOnline wrote on March 5, 2015, 3:44 PM:
This could easily be fixed. At least with Adsense, you can block certain ads from displaying on your site. It's meant more to not show your direct competitors on your site, but it can easily be applied here. Persona Paper doesn't use Adsense but some other ad service, but they probably have the same feature.

If anyone catches the ad and notes the web address where it forwards, then MaeLou or elitecodex can manually block that address. Alternatively, there's probably a filter to disallow x-rated ads. I'm not sure if I saw these ads here, but I had some "маlз oгgаn эnlargеmеnт" ads shown and I really don't like them. I know I constantly get them on StatCounter and maybe here too. Mostly, the ads with half-naked women are for weight loss and the season for that is on.

FreyaYuki replied to MakeMoneyOnline on March 6, 2015, 4:24 PM:
Yeah, I heard about the possibility of blocking AdSense ads. I see lots of forum posts about that. I do hope that Persona Paper admins block these ads. I don't like them either. It seems that many others don't as well.

j2jworkz wrote on March 5, 2015, 3:54 PM:
I think I have developed the ability to not really see the ads anymore, anywhere!

AliCanary replied to j2jworkz on March 5, 2015, 7:47 PM:
Unfortunately, if you use ad blockers, you are not giving any of us credit for viewing our posts :-(

FreyaYuki replied to j2jworkz on March 6, 2015, 4:29 PM:
I usually ignore the ads too and don't really pay much attention to them but, some ads, like those that popup, auto-play or those that are offensive and inappropriate are pretty hard to ignore since it seems like they're trying to get in your face, trying to catch your attention or something. Very annoying, to say the least.

j2jworkz replied to AliCanary on March 5, 2015, 8:43 PM:
AliCanary I don't use adblocker or any other ad blocking program and since I'm not familiar with those programs, I have no idea who the competitors are. I mean the ability to visually ignore the ads.

antoniowestley wrote on March 5, 2015, 5:21 PM:
I have not seen anything like that on here yet but I have seen that crap on cgp and I always felt any site that had that couldn't be trusted and look what happened there

FreyaYuki replied to antoniowestley on March 6, 2015, 4:45 PM:
It's good that you haven't seen these kinds of ads here yet. I wish I didn't have to see them either. I hope these ads can be removed/disabled.

bestwriter wrote on March 5, 2015, 6:29 PM:
I have one coming. You could alert Admin about it, attaching a screen shot.

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on March 6, 2015, 4:48 PM:
Unfortunately, I don't want my mouse anywhere near these ads. Who knows if they contain malware or viruses or something when they're accidentally clicked? They all seem very suspicious like something's not right with them. But, eh, who knows?

AliCanary wrote on March 5, 2015, 7:46 PM:
We've had problems from time to time with objectionable ads as the admins have tried different ad agencies to see what will pay best. Best thing to do is report the ads to elitecodex -- he can flag them to the agency that provides them and tell them we don't want them on the site.

FreyaYuki replied to AliCanary on March 12, 2015, 1:49 PM:
Ah, I see. Maybe they are still experimenting with the best ad agencies. I hope they can find one that doesn't play objectionable, inappropriate, spammy-looking and annoying ads.

luisga814 wrote on March 5, 2015, 9:31 PM:
Well I do not like those ads either. I just read your articles and not checking those ads. Pretending they are not there in my eyesight. But we have to think of it. Those ads, are the one paying the Persona Paper, and later on the one who will pay to us.

FreyaYuki replied to luisga814 on March 12, 2015, 1:45 PM:
I ignore them too. I don't even look at them but, sometimes, they really make it hard for you to ignore them like when the ad just auto-plays and starts moving and bouncing. I wonder if these ads pay per click or per impression and if there are people here who visit Persona Paper and interact or click on these ads?

cheri wrote on March 11, 2015, 8:52 AM:
I have grown accustomed to them but what is really annoying is the bouncing ъооъs of some women in the ads! LOL

FreyaYuki replied to cheri on March 12, 2015, 1:42 PM:
I don't think I can get used to these kinds of ads. I just don't think they fit in a site like Persona Paper. After all, aren't there some topics that we're not supposed to write about? Ugh, I've seen those ads too. Very annoying.

grandma20121 wrote on March 11, 2015, 11:54 AM:
I don't think I actually seen these ads yet so I really can't say much on it, I'll let you know after

FreyaYuki replied to grandma20121 on March 12, 2015, 1:42 PM:
Ah, it's good that you haven't seen them. They're annoying, they look spammy and they don't look nice at all.

AdGoggleKo wrote on March 13, 2015, 3:20 AM:
I am on mobile I don't see that ad you are referring to. Only ezmob ad keeps popping up on my screen but it's just fine. :)

FreyaYuki replied to AdGoggleKo on March 13, 2015, 12:28 PM:
Ah, I don't like popup ads either. Very annoying and intrusive. :-)

crowntower wrote on March 13, 2015, 5:12 AM:
I already wrote about this in the support team at persona, but they want me to send the url but I can't because if I click one of those ads it might have viruses. I hope MaeLou and the rest of the team will check on it. This is a site that рoгпograрhy is not allowed then why there are ads looking for sэx partners and with this kind of live photos.

MaeLou replied to crowntower on March 13, 2015, 11:40 AM:
We're asking for a screenshot, not a url. We cannot do anything without a screenshot.

FreyaYuki replied to crowntower on March 13, 2015, 12:29 PM:
I agree with you. I don't want to click on those ads either. You never know if they contain viruses or malware or other dangerous scripts and programs that can harm your PC. It's good that you contacted Persona Paper about this already. I hope they can do something about this soon. I'm still seeing these ads. How 'bout you?

crowntower replied to MaeLou on March 13, 2015, 11:52 AM:
Hi MaeLou that the support team told me or maybe I got confused because I did gave them two screenshots... and after a few days that certain ads add another ads that saying they were looking for a xxx partners.

I already e-mailed the support team with two attachment of screenshot... thank you.

CalmGemini wrote on March 17, 2015, 11:16 AM:
Yes, I do see the ads frequently.But you know we cannot use ad blockers.

FreyaYuki replied to CalmGemini on March 18, 2015, 10:26 AM:
I don't use an ad blocker either. The problem isn't really with all of the ads. It's just with those that come across as offensive and inappropriate. Hopefully, the admin can do something about those kinds of ads since they shouldn't be found on Persona Paper.

CalmGemini replied to FreyaYuki on March 18, 2015, 10:38 AM:
Yes, I do know advertisements are necessary. But as you said we do not have to suffer seeing such inappropriate ones. Already many members have complained about this. Hopefully some action will be taken.

*Notes:
- Image is by kaboompics (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.