Writing Sites Meta

Does This Happen To You When You Try To Access Bubblews?

Wednesday, August 1, 2018
What happens when you go to bubblews.com? Do you have to type or enter a captcha before you can access the website? I don't know, and I'm not sure what's going on, but when I try to go to the Bubblews site, I see this page where I'm being asked to type in a captcha before I can go to the site itself.
bubblews, informational articles, writing site, reviews, captcha, security check
The text at the top of the page says "please complete the security check to access Bubblews.com". The captcha is below that alongside the textbox where you're supposed to type the word. There's more text below that and to the side. After typing the captcha, I get taken to the Bubblews homepage, so I can log on to the site.

I noticed that this also happens when I try to access a Bubblews article even though I'm not logged in. I get taken to this captcha page, and I don't get why this is happening? Is anyone else experiencing this? This is the first time this happened to me, so I don't know exactly what's going on. Does anyone have any ideas? What could this mean?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

paigea wrote on October 2, 2014, 9:46 AM:
Best to ask that question once you are on Bubblews I think. More people there to answer. I have no idea why that's happening to you.

FreyaYuki replied to paigea on October 16, 2014, 4:57 AM:
Yes, I posted about this there as well. But I thought I'd ask here too since there are many Persona Paper members who are also members of Bubblews.

Kasman wrote on October 2, 2014, 10:16 AM:
It isn't happening to me. I get on OK by entering my username and password just as I have always done. The only time I meet a captcha is when I comment on a post.

FreyaYuki replied to Kasman on October 16, 2014, 4:57 AM:
Ah, I see. It's good that you're not experiencing this. I also have to type a captcha every time I want to comment on an article.

nbaquero wrote on October 2, 2014, 11:24 AM:
FreyaYuki I think this is a measure they are implementing to discourage spammers and/or plagiarists. It has not happened to me though.

FreyaYuki replied to nbaquero on October 16, 2014, 4:58 AM:
Oh. I see. It's good that this hasn't happened to you. I've read somewhere that many are also experiencing this.

LeaPea2417 wrote on October 2, 2014, 11:36 AM:
I have not had that happen to me. I noticed yesterday the site was under maintenance practically the whole day.

FreyaYuki replied to LeaPea2417 on October 16, 2014, 5:03 AM:
It's good that this hasn't happened to you. I didn't know about the site being under maintenance for the whole day. I've been busy, so I haven't been able to log in there daily.

BarbRad wrote on October 2, 2014, 1:46 PM:
It did not happen to me yet, but my friend sandyspider was talking in a Facebook group yesterday about some sort of alternate Bubblews URL she was landing on. One of the B team responded on a post she wrote about it, but I haven't had time to track down the post . Maybe the problem you are having is related somehow.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on October 16, 2014, 5:06 AM:
It's good that you're not experiencing this. I haven't heard about this "alternative Bubblews URL" thing yet. It does sound odd and strange. I'll see if I can find the article you mentioned.

Randajad_The_Traveller wrote on October 11, 2014, 11:08 AM:
They do that because many Asian members are cheating the site. It sucks because non cheating Asian members experiences the same thing.

FreyaYuki replied to Randajad_The_Traveller on October 16, 2014, 5:16 AM:
Ah, I think I heard about that too. It's quite unfortunate because not everyone is a spammer and not everyone breaks the rules. There are many who are honest members and who do their best to follow the rules regardless of where they're currently located.

OldRoadsOnceTraveled wrote on October 12, 2014, 1:18 AM:
I've heard it mentioned, but it's never happened to me. I stay logged in, so most of the time I only need to re-log in is when I clear my cookies.

FreyaYuki replied to OldRoadsOnceTraveled on October 16, 2014, 5:17 AM:
Yeah, I've since learned that many are also experiencing this. It's good that this hasn't happened to you. I don't stay logged on all the time, so I always have to log in again to get to the site.

*Notes:
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on October 2, 2014, 9:42 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.