Writing Sites Meta

What Does It Feel Like To Remove Articles From Bubblews?

Saturday, October 27, 2018
Also known as, "What Does It Feel Like To Remove Articles From The-Site-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named?"

Are you moving, removing, or deleting articles from the-site-that-shall-not-be-named? What does it feel like to do that? What goes through your mind as you go through this process? Does your mouse hover over the delete button for a long moment, hesitating, before you can bring yourself to click it?

bubblews, writing site, informational article, remove posts, delete posts, move articles to other sites or blogs

So, what's the-site-that-shall-not-be-named, you ask? You're really gonna make me say it, huh? Okay, fine. It's Bubblews. There, said it.

Right then, back to the main topic of this post. Slowly removing my posts from Bubblews too as are many others. Seeing my old articles from that site brings back memories. The same can be said with seeing all the likes and comments (mostly the comments, of course). Kinda miss the old interaction there, huh?

And seeing the comments and likes on some articles makes me kind of reluctant to delete them, so I just hover my mouse on that delete link before finally clicking on it (after backing up everything, of course). So, what about you? What do you feel about this? What do you think?

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

FancyFree74 wrote on January 11, 2015, 2:20 PM
I can't delete any of my blogs from there because they only show the ones from December and I haven't been paid yet for those. It doesn't let you view any of your older posts at all which is terrible and I don't know how to get my older ones off of there. The website is making me angry.

ChickJ replied to FancyFree74 on January 11, 2015, 2:23 PM
If you are hoping to get paid, good luck. I am deleting them anyways. I don't have any faith they will keep their word.

Jezebella replied to FancyFree74 on January 11, 2015, 9:28 PM
Delete from your top 100 instead. I've taken off 1500 posts but left up enough to still get paid.

FreyaYuki replied to FancyFree74 on January 12, 2015, 4:11 PM
If you don't have the URLs of your posts there, try this: on Google search, type "site:bubblews.com" (without the quotation marks) then your Bubblews username. All your articles that have been indexed by Google should show up and you can access it from there. If you're logged on to Bubblews, you can see the "delete" button right from the article itself. Hope this helped. And good luck with getting paid there 😃.

FancyFree74 replied to FreyaYuki on January 11, 2015, 2:26 PM
I decided to make one post per day about not so interesting topics until I get paid then I will quit for good. I'm not happy with the dishonesty over there. I'm surprised there hasn't been a discrimination lawsuit against them.

FreyaYuki replied to FancyFree74 on January 12, 2015, 4:14 PM
That's also what I've been doing while slowly deleting older posts. Currently have about 44 in the bank and hoping to be able to redeem soon though that seems impossible at the moment :-(. Wish they'd just lower the payment threshold, but it looks like they're not even answering any questions there though they're regularly posting.

ChickJ wrote on January 11, 2015, 2:24 PM
I am deleting a few each day. I figure I will be done by March. (Might be sooner if they close up shop.)

FreyaYuki replied to ChickJ on January 12, 2015, 4:25 PM
This is what I've been doing too. Slowly removing posts from there and moving them elsewhere though am also still writing a bit there since I currently have about 44 in the bank. Earnings are really slow there right now though that it seems impossible for anyone to redeem anytime soon.

melody23 wrote on January 11, 2015, 2:27 PM
I was looking at my stuff there a few hours ago and nothing I can access is worth saving really so I doubt I will be moving anything over here. If I could access my older stuff it might be a different story, I might try to figure out a way to do this at some point but I haven't as yet. Since I am not moving anything there is no point in deleting it either so I might as well wait and see what is going to happen there. I have just over $20 in my account there and its been that way for weeks so I doubt I will make another payment but I might as well wait and see. I am not posting there really now though, I put one post up today and one yesterday but before that it was weeks since my last post.

FreyaYuki replied to melody23 on January 12, 2015, 4:34 PM
To try to access your older posts from that site, try this: go to Google search engine then type your Bubblews username then type "site:bubblews.com" (without the quotation marks). All your articles that Google indexed should show up and you can then delete them when you're signed on to Bubblews.

Have about 44 there so trying to post at least once a day to at least be able to redeem, but earnings there are really slow right now as many have already said, and it seems like it won't be possible for anyone to be able to redeem anytime soon. Wish they can at least lower the payment threshold.

peachpurple wrote on January 12, 2015, 9:25 AM
i have deleted my recipes and health articles there, leaving the nonsense articles for them to read.

FreyaYuki replied to peachpurple on January 12, 2015, 4:37 PM
I started with removing my Harry Potter articles there first and then some of my fiction and short stories and then just go from there. Still have a lot of posts there though since am deleting things a few at a time.

seren3 wrote on January 12, 2015, 8:53 PM
I have a few hundred to go to get tham all deleted. Yes, it does represent a lot of work!

FreyaYuki replied to seren3 on January 13, 2015, 3:06 AM
Also have about a hundred more or so since am deleting them a few at a time. It brings back memories looking at all those old articles and even the comments and interaction. It was so different back then.

BarbRad wrote on January 12, 2015, 11:34 PM
I wrote down the URLs for my post at the bottom of the copy I made when I wrote each one. I don't even look at my posts when I delete them except to make sure I still l have the original for any I want to use again. I see that much of what I wrote is no longer relevant to anyone but me, so there is no use in using it again.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on January 13, 2015, 3:13 AM
I also have all the URLs of my posts there so I can easily access them. I skim read through some of the posts before deleting them, and, if there are comments, I also take a moment to read through them. It brings back memories. Wrote a lot of posts about that site there, and, yeah, they aren't relevant anymore, but also have a lot of other stuff there like short stories, HP series, etc so can still move them elsewhere.

Louemham wrote on January 13, 2015, 10:19 AM
I haven't deleted any of them, as I really don't have the time to do it, there are too many on there. But I will get round to it, at some point.

FreyaYuki replied to Louemham on January 14, 2015, 7:57 AM
I'm deleting mine a few at a time so it won't be too overwhelming so I still have about a hundred or so there at the moment though I've already removed a lot. It does take time to remove them from there.

GayleStorm wrote on January 13, 2015, 5:13 PM
With some of my content, I'm excited to give it new life again. Other content just isn't relevant anymore but it's nice to look back through things.

FreyaYuki replied to GayleStorm on January 14, 2015, 8:23 AM
Yeah, I have some content there that isn't relevant anymore so am focusing on the ones that are evergreen and that can be moved elsewhere. Looking at the older posts does bring back memories especially seeing all the comments and the interaction there. It's so different there now.

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:16 AM
I am still there. I have no intention to copy before deleting and then closing the account as I like to post my original thoughts here.

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 9:16 AM
I'm still there too. Still have some articles up (have already moved quite a number elsewhere) though haven't been writing much lately. It's depressing there because of the very low traffic and the bank page is at a complete standstill.

bestwriter replied to FreyaYuki on February 7, 2015, 6:18 PM
I very rarely go there. I do not get any likes - may be because my connections have forgotten me (lol).

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 8, 2015, 4:16 PM
I hardly get any either, which is why I've stopped posting there for now. Occasionally, I still go there, mostly to check if there are new posts from the CEO and if there's any good news like the payment threshold being lowered.

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on January 11, 2015, 2:09 PM
- Image is by kaboompics (Public Domain) from Pixabay

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.