Writing Sites Meta

Is There A List Of Persona Paper Tags?

Thursday, October 27, 2016
I know that we have a members and a categories list here on Persona Paper, both of which are very useful. We can use the members list to see a list of all the members here while we can check out the categories to see more articles that we might find interesting and that we might want to read.

Tags list

persona paper, writing site, reviews, categories, tags list
But what about the tags? Is there a list of Persona Paper tags? We can also make use of them to look for more articles to read here.

If you look at the category pages here on Persona Paper, you can see the latest posts from that category as well as the "trending posts," but you can only see one page. You can't go to the next page to see the older posts.


Homepage

You can also check the homepage for new stuff to read, but if you want to see more, how else do you go about searching for interesting posts? For me, one of the things that I do is follow one of the tags on an article that I'm reading (for example, the tag about Tsu and there was also that tag about CGP Gallery).


Tags link

The link looks like this: http://personapaper.com/tags/tsu, so you can just change the last word (in this example, that would be 'tsu') to another word to get taken to another tag. For example, you can change that to 'pinterest' to get taken to the Pinterest tags page where you'll see posts about Pinterest.

Make your own tag

But people use different tags here and some have their own way or method of tagging things, so it can be hard to search for them. For example, take a look at this:

http://personapaper.com/tags/persona-paper
http://personapaper.com/tags/personapaper

As you can see, both tags are about Persona Paper, but they've been tagged differently. If you didn't know about the other tag, then you won't be able to see all the posts about Persona Paper.

Here are some comments from back when this was on the Persona Paper website:
melody23 wrote on January 9, 2015, 2:03 PM: "I don't know if that would even be possible, well I guess it would be technically possible but I mean just from the amount of tags there must be it would be very difficult. I am doing my best to remember to tag my articles, the one I just wrote had four different tags three of them I doubt many people would really be interested in but that's not the point.

"I do think that there should be an easier way to find articles, I know that if you type a tag into the search box you don't get all the articles with that tag because I tried it to look for some stuff last week. Maybe elitecodex could alter the search box thingy and make it so that you can enter a tag and you get all the articles with that tag as a result. I have no idea what the best thing to do is, but I agree that articles could be easier to find. I have tagged elitecodex so he will hopefully pop by and tell us what, if anything is possible on that front."

Freya Yuki replied to melody23 on January 10, 2015, 4:10 PM: "Yeah, I was mostly asking about the tags as another way to find articles here since the older posts aren't listed on the homepage anymore, the categories pages don't have a next page and it's hard to search via the profile page. So finding articles to read here can be kind of hard."

seren3 wrote on January 9, 2015, 2:59 PM: "I don't think we need a tag list. As you said, we can follow tags with the link you gave as an example above."

Freya Yuki replied to seren3 on January 10, 2015, 4:00 PM: "Yes, but if you don't know what the tags are, you won't know which one to add to the link like with the Persona Paper tag. I tag that as Persona-Paper and it was only recently that I discovered there were also articles under the tag PersonaPaper."

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:27 AM: "The site needs to do something about this as even I want to know the different tags tagged by users here."

Freya Yuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 9:08 AM: "Yes. I do hope they make it easier to search for articles posted on Persona Paper because the homepage doesn't have new posts all the time and it's hard to search through a person's profile page."

*Notes:
- Image is by KevinKing (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.