Writing Sites Meta

Should You Create A Google+ Profile Or Page?

Monday, December 10, 2018
So, I'm trying to decide if I should create a Google+ profile or page. Any ideas? Yeah, I know, I know. I don't have a Google+ account yet; I'm so late to the party. LOL πŸ˜ƒ. I wonder if I'm the only one.

google+ profile, google+ page, social media, informational articles
This was made using Persona Paper's poll feature

Anyway, what do you guys (that would be all those who have a G+ account, which, I suppose, is everyone here. LOL) think? Do you have a Google+ profile or page? Which one would you recommend creating? Should you make one of them or both?

I looked into this before, like the differences between the 2, etc, but it's still sort-of confusing. I mean, I can't decide which one I should go with. From the looks of things, it wouldn’t matter which one, but how do you know which one is the best, right? Or am I actually getting something wrong here?

Are you supposed to have a profile first before you can create a page? Or can you choose from the get-go which one to go with? Any ideas? For all the Google+ users out there, how is this social networking site? Is it fun? Are you enjoying yourself? Or does it feel like a chore?

Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions by leaving a comment or by answering the poll below.


Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

scheng1 wrote on March 14, 2015, 10:20 AM
I think I have but I never make use of it. I pay more attention to Adsense account.

FreyaYuki replied to scheng1 on March 15, 2015, 12:27 PM
Ah, I see. I've heard that Google+ can be a good source of traffic. Some people say they make use of it to share their articles and other stuff and some do say that this is effective.

j2jworkz wrote on March 14, 2015, 10:59 AM
Am still looking at G+ , am wrestling w the same questions. Have one somewhat set up for biz.

FreyaYuki replied to j2jworkz on March 15, 2015, 12:39 PM
Ah, I see. Was the one that you set up a Google+ page or profile?

crowntower wrote on March 14, 2015, 11:04 AM
I have one because I used it for my personal blog. But can you make an account right now? because I a trying to create one again last night but I think there is a problem... because I can't get through.

FreyaYuki replied to crowntower on March 15, 2015, 12:49 PM
Did you make a Google+ profile or Google+ page for your personal blog? Or both? I'm not sure if you're allowed to have more than 1 Google+ account. Maybe you're only supposed to have 1 and that's why you can't create a new one? Not sure though. Hopefully, others who know about this issue can chime in with some information.

nbaquero wrote on March 14, 2015, 11:23 AM
Freyayuki I think you create a profile first, and then the Page. Afterwards you select which will be your primary place for posts and updates (the Profile or the Page).

FreyaYuki replied to nbaquero on March 15, 2015, 12:57 PM
Ah, I see. Thanks so much for the info. Appreciate it πŸ˜ƒ. Do you use the profile or the page to share your posts? Which one would you recommend - the profile or the page?

cmoneyspinner wrote on March 14, 2015, 12:04 PM
Hi FreyaYuki ! Responded to your question by writing a post. It was too much info to bury as “Comments”. Also, been wanting an excuse to share an angel glitter graphic. :)

FreyaYuki replied to cmoneyspinner on March 15, 2015, 1:01 PM
Thanks. Will check it out now πŸ˜ƒ.

iimouto wrote on March 14, 2015, 12:29 PM
I had a Google+ account even before it went "big". I didn't really like it though. I think Facebook is better.

FreyaYuki replied to iimouto on March 15, 2015, 1:16 PM
Ah, I see. So, you don't use Google+ anymore? I heard that it can be a good source of traffic though and some say that they've had some success with it.

MelissaE wrote on March 14, 2015, 1:55 PM
I created my profile first. I use my profile for many different website accounts. I have a Google Blog and a Google Plus. I use Plus to promote my business. I think the quality of posts on Plus is higher than on Facebook.

FreyaYuki replied to MelissaE on March 15, 2015, 1:26 PM
Thanks for the helpful info πŸ˜ƒ. So you only have a Google+ profile and no Google+ page? So all you really need is a profile then? Even if you have no page, it doesn't matter? I'm currently working on a Google Blogger blog too.

CoralLevang wrote on March 14, 2015, 4:52 PM
I have had G+ for quite a long time, but don't know how to use it effectively. I think now is the time to figure it all out.

FreyaYuki replied to CoralLevang on March 16, 2015, 11:36 AM
Did you make a Google+ profile or page or both? Yeah, I heard that you can get good traffic from Google+ if used effectively.

CoralLevang replied to FreyaYuki on March 16, 2015, 11:42 AM
It was attached to my Gmail account. I do not know that one is not exclusive of the other. That probably means I have a page. Not sure of the profile. I need to investigate.

agvulpes wrote on March 14, 2015, 7:52 PM
I do have a G+ but not a Google Page , I guess I should look into it for the future :)

FreyaYuki replied to agvulpes on March 16, 2015, 11:37 AM
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. Am also still looking into this.

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on March 14, 2015, 9:34 AM
- Pic is a screenshot from my Persona Paper account

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.