Writing Sites Meta

Why Bubblews Named Their New App Sweeble?

Saturday, December 15, 2018
Also known as, "What's to like about Sweeble, an app by Bubblews?"

As usual, I'm kind of late to the party :-(. I've been pretty busy lately, so it was only now that I got to log on to my Bubblews account (when you see the bank page refusing to move, it doesn't exactly motivate or encourage you to post new articles, does it?).

Bubblews, Informational Articles, Reviews, Writing Sites, sweeble, app

Anyway, it was only now that I've heard the news about Sweeble, an upcoming app by Bubblews. Just saw the official post about it too.

Did anyone check out the site URL mentioned in that official post? I've to say that I didn't. I saw some of the comments on that post, and it seems that I'm not the only one who isn't really interested in these kinds of stuff (apps).

But, even if I happened to be interested, I wouldn't want to join or look into something that hasn't even been launched yet. And, do we even really know exactly what this app is supposed to do?

Also, is there anyone else who wondered about the term "Sweeble" and what it means? Do you wonder why they chose that name for the app?

I ran a quick search using Google. I just typed the term "sweeble". The first result I got was to the site itself (the one that was posted on the official Bubblews article), but this was an advertisement (it's very clearly marked as "ad"). The site itself doesn't appear anywhere below that (the organic or natural results).

Some of the results link to recently published articles about Sweeble, but many of the first page search results are dated years ago. Apparently, Sweeble is some sort of publishing platform that is now defunct.

There are lots of posts and articles about it, so if you have time, you can check it all out if you like (as for me, I don't have much time right now, so I will have to pass on that).

Anyway, this makes me wonder why Bubblews decided on the name Sweeble for their app. If someone does a search for this, they'll likely end up seeing the many old articles about Sweeble (considering how Google shows a lot of them on the first page of their search results even though there are already a lot of posts about the Bubblews app in question).

What do you think about all this? What are your thoughts on Sweeble? Are you interested in this app? Feel free to share your opinions in the comments section below.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

j2jworkz wrote on February 1, 2015, 4:37 PM
No thanks on the Sweeb.

FreyaYuki replied to j2j on February 2, 2015, 2:25 PM
Yup, that's what I thought too. Actually, I didn't even go to the site though I did a quick Google search on it. It shows up as an ad at the top of the search results, but a lot of the results aren't even about the app in question.

j2jworkz replied to FreyaYuki on February 2, 2015, 2:37 PM
FreyaYuki I'm only curious to see how it all plays out. Will wait for others to report on the details. If it makes it to market :)

BarbRad wrote on February 1, 2015, 4:42 PM
My honest opinion is that once again, Bubblews didn't listen to its members. After promising us something awesome to come in the works, they offer us Sweeble. In case you didn't notice, it rhymes with feeble. I'm going to pass.

One reason I'm on the verge of deleting my account is that whenever they promise something new and awesome, I find it not only less than awesome, but something downright terrible, as in the July 15 update last year.

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on February 2, 2015, 2:32 PM
I agree with you. Did you see that line on the CEO's post where he said something about how they're supposedly going in the direction that Bubblews members want them to take? I wonder how they even know that for sure considering it really doesn't seem like they're listening to anyone over there.

I saw some of the comments asking questions, but none of the team are answering at all. I wonder about the app name too. Why Sweeble? And what does it have to do with the Sweeble of long ago? Did they know that this name has been used before?

beachchair wrote on February 1, 2015, 4:59 PM
I think they renamed it because there is such a negative association with bubblews. That is just my thought.

FreyaYuki replied to beachchair on February 2, 2015, 2:33 PM
The word "Sweeble" also has a negative association. It used to be the name of an old publishing site that failed. There are articles about it all over the net. If you run a search on the word "sweeble", the first page of Google search results will include a number of articles about Sweeble that are dated years back.

PeterChase wrote on February 1, 2015, 6:53 PM
You would think the original guy that used the name Sweeble would be mad if someone else stole the name and used it. This could end up in a big lawsuit against bblws and sink the company.

FreyaYuki replied to PeterChase on February 2, 2015, 2:36 PM
Yeah, I wonder if Bubblews knew about the old Sweeble. If so, why did they still choose the name unless they asked for permission or something? But if they didn't know, how could they not know?

A quick Google search of the term "sweeble" brings up several articles about it dated years back. I also wonder why they decided on this name. It doesn't sound all that appealing, does it? Wonder what it even means?

Squidwhisperer replied to PeterChase on February 4, 2015, 5:41 PM
Yes but Bubbles can claim lack of imagination in their defense. They're sorry - okay? Isn't that enough?

PeterChase replied to FreyaYuki on February 2, 2015, 5:25 PM
I think they are just very bad businessmen and very arrogant. They think they know it all and don't like any constructive criticism. If they didn't know about the old sweeble they do now since many members have told them about it, including me, but there has been no response to this from the staff.

JustSaying replied to PeterChase on April 1, 2015, 10:22 AM
any chance they are one and the same owners? of the failed site and now bubblews failing site.

PeterChase replied to JustSaying on April 1, 2015, 11:32 AM
No they are not. The owner of the Sweeble name has a blog and is not happy about Bubblews. They have since fallen silent and I suspect some kind of deal was arranged to use the name. Probably costing bubblews plenty thus reducing the payouts more to the writers! (If that is possible)

Ruby3881 wrote on February 2, 2015, 12:09 AM
I'm curious about Sweeble. Did I sign up for the "pre-registration"? Yes, but only out of curiosity. Will I end up using the app? No idea.

FreyaYuki replied to Ruby3881 on February 2, 2015, 2:41 PM
Am kind of curious about it too like what exactly does it do? Why did they choose this name? Did they know it's also the name of an old site from years back? Didn't check out the site though but it appears they are advertising it on Google search. Didn't sign up for the pre-registration either; I prefer having more info before considering if I'll try something or not.

amyk49 wrote on February 2, 2015, 8:08 AM
I'm not the least bit interested in Sweeble. Maybe they bought the domain name, because as you say, it's been around before. I'm disgusted with the way Bubblews as treated its members.

FreyaYuki replied to amyk49 on February 2, 2015, 2:46 PM
If that's what they did, I do wonder why they decided to do that. There's lots of articles about the old Sweeble, and there are some negative things about it since it was a failed site, so there are negative connotations too, and it makes one wonder why they would want to associate their app with something like that.

If one does a search for "sweeble" on Google, they'll also end up seeing some of these old Sweeble articles right on the front page, so some might be confused about this especially when they see the dates listed as years ago. Yeah, the site should have treated its members better. Even now, it seems like nothing has changed.

amyk49 replied to FreyaYuki on February 2, 2015, 4:14 PM
Yes, I've seen the negative things on Google that pop up. I don't know why in the world they would use that name. There were some comments regarding this on Arvind's latest posts.

grandma20121 wrote on February 2, 2015, 5:24 PM
i am not interested in the sweeble app either i think bubblews is wasting time and money on this when there is more important things

FreyaYuki replied to grandma20121 on February 4, 2015, 2:59 PM
Yeah, I wish they would focus more on the site itself considering all the issues it's currently still facing. There are so many things they could be doing for Bubblews and yet they chose to focus on some app that not all people will be able to use (some of the comments on the official post about this app say that some won't be using or aren't interested in the app).

rana199426 wrote on February 3, 2015, 7:52 PM
Ohh an app by Bubblews?? Like that's what we're missing! They should have called it "Scam" instead of Sweeble lol

FreyaYuki replied to rana199426 on February 4, 2015, 3:02 PM
LOL. There are actually already a lot of negative connotations and posts about the term "sweeble" considering it's the name of a site that is now defunct. The info is all over the first page search results on Google for the term "sweeble". Wonder why Bubblews chose that name for their app?

Began1988 wrote on February 3, 2015, 9:43 PM
Sweeble kind of sounds like Swindle...which Bubblews has done to a lot of people (myself included). It depends on what the app is for, but I really wouldn't trust anything that launch at this point.

I'm missing $20 because of them. It might not seem like a lot to some people, but I could use all the money I can get! It's why I have my own side business outside of my actual job, and why I've also started participating in Mystery Shopping! Anyways....no hope for Sweeble right now, even though I don't know anything about it lol.

FreyaYuki replied to Began1988 on February 4, 2015, 3:10 PM
I agree with you. I lost money thanks to them too. Lots of people lost so much, but it doesn't matter what amount a person has lost. The point is that they lost something without doing anything wrong, and that's just not fair.

Hope everyone who feels wronged tries to let their voice be heard by filing or complaining to the proper authorities. Am curious about what the app is supposed to be for and what it does, but not really interested in using it. Am wondering why they chose the name though. Aside from how it rhymes with swindle, it's also already been used before.

trufflehunter wrote on February 3, 2015, 10:26 PM
Interesting news! I never knew Bubblews had an app.

FreyaYuki replied to trufflehunter on February 4, 2015, 3:12 PM
They just announced it recently. It hasn't been released yet, but they're already asking people to sign up. No one really knows yet exactly what it does though.

Squidwhisperer wrote on February 4, 2015, 5:39 PM
I dunno - "Sweeble"? - kinda sounds like "plagiarism" to me...

FreyaYuki replied to Squidwhisperer on February 7, 2015, 7:58 AM
LOL. I do wonder if they knew that there was already another site named "sweeble". But, if they didn't, well, how could they not know? Articles about this are all over the first page of Google search results and they're all dated years back. Or maybe they actually had permission to use the name?

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 12:57 AM
I get to read their posts on FB. Saw it and ignored it (lol)

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 8:04 AM
LOL. Not on FB so didn't know about that. I read their post on the site itself. They posted it on Bubblews with a link to the sweeble site. Didn't bother going to that new site though.

HappyLady wrote on February 5, 2015, 9:43 AM
I will try the app and signed up for it out of curiosity as I love trying and using apps. The name however, seems a big mistake. Those guys need a proper business advisor.

FreyaYuki replied to HappyLady on February 7, 2015, 8:06 AM
Yeah, I wonder about the choice of name too. How did they come up with "sweeble"? Did they have permission to use the name? Am curious about the app too and exactly what it does but not enough to sign up for it. I guess I'll wait and see what others have to say about it before looking further into it.

GayleStorm wrote on February 7, 2015, 11:54 AM
This post took me back to Bubblews when nothing else could. There's so little information about it, why would I sign up? I don't really care; I don't need another app. It seems like every post I read from the CEO says similar things: we've got something new and awesome that everyone's gonna love but we can't tell you -anything- about it. If they really wanted to prove they're listening, they'd do something the members ask for, like fonts and font color.

FreyaYuki replied to GayleStorm on February 8, 2015, 4:31 PM
I didn't bother to sign up either. No one knows yet exactly what this app does or what it's for so people are curious about it. Am curious too, but not enough to check out the site or sign up. I do have to wonder why they chose this name since it's already been used and the info is all over the internet.

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of comments on their posts, but it seems that hardly anyone is responding. Some were asking for the payment threshold to be lowered, but it seems there's still no response to that.

Coffee wrote on February 24, 2015, 9:25 AM
I'm curious to know what this app is all about - I am sure if I stick around here long enough I will find out.

FreyaYuki replied to Coffee on February 25, 2015, 5:31 PM
Yeah, many are curious about it and some have even signed up on the Sweeble app site. The app hasn't launched yet though. Am also curious though haven't bothered to sign up since we don't even know exactly what this app is for, what it does, etc.

JustSaying wrote on April 1, 2015, 10:19 AM
this company has proven themselves thieves, why anyone would ever deal with them again in any format is beyond me. I think this company needs to just.........go away.

FreyaYuki replied to JustSaying on June 17, 2015, 3:11 AM
From what I heard, it looks like the Sweeble app was just launched.

AudreyHowitt wrote on June 16, 2015, 11:34 AM
I have heard some buzz about this, but am on the fence about the whole thing

FreyaYuki replied to AudreyHowitt on June 17, 2015, 3:14 AM
From what I've heard, the Sweeble app was just recently launched. It's a photo sharing app or something.

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on February 1, 2015, 4:04 PM
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.