Writing Sites Meta

Question About Google+ And Stuff To Know About The Persona Paper Image Wizard, Pixabay, & URL Links

Saturday, December 8, 2018
Anyone know anything about Google+? LOL. Okay, maybe that shouldn't be the question that I'm asking. Because everyone knows about Google+, right? Am I the only one who doesn't have a Google+ account? Yeah, I know, I'm so late to the party. But, hey, what's new? LOL.

Informational Articles, Persona Paper, Reviews, Writing Sites, Social Media, Google+

So, anyway, to all the Google+ experts out there (read: that means you or pretty much anyone and everyone who has an account on that site)-

Should you make a Google+ Profile or a Google+ Page? Or both? Or do you need a profile first before being able to make a page? Or, if you actually get a choice about this, which one are you supposed to choose - the page or the profile?

Something to take note of: so, I tried to use the image wizard here on Persona Paper again. I typed "Google+" in the search bar to look for pics from Pixabay, but I got an error. See screenshot below.

Informational Articles, Persona Paper, Reviews, Writing Sites, Social Media, Google+,

I then removed the + sign, so I was only searching for "Google". Surprisingly, I no longer got an error. I then tried with the plus sign again, and I got the same error. Again. So, it looks like we can't use symbols on the Pixabay search bar here on Persona Paper.

Another note: there's a reason I added Google Plus in parenthesis as part of this post's title. It's because, without it, the URL of the article looks like this: question-about-google which isn't right at all since the question is about Google+ and not just Google.

With the addition of the words in parenthesis, the article gets this URL: question-about-google-google-plus. While I don't like the repetition of the word "google", at least, the plus is actually there.

Note: I do get why the + sign won't appear in the URL. If I could edit the URL, I'd be using the word "plus" too. I'd just remove the second "google" since it's redundant to have it there twice.

If you remove the "google" in the parenthesis in the title, that second "google" in the URL will disappear too, but it's weird to just say "plus" in parenthesis, isn't it?

Well, actually, it's weird to bother including the words in parenthesis since everyone should know what Google+ means, but I had to add it here for the URL.

Ideally, it should be something like this:
Title: Question About Google+
URL link address: question-about-google-plus

So, what do you think? And does anyone know the answer to my question about Google+?

Final note: decided to change the title, so don't be confused if you don't see the double "google" or the "plus" in the URL link. LOL.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

UK_Writer wrote on March 2, 2015, 1:42 PM
I created a G+ page, originally for the "B" site, then decided to also stick my "H" site writing there, then I joined D2C and used it for those too - and now I post my PP pieces there too. I figured I needed to keep all this writing stuff separate from anything else (hence the page) - and if/as you change sites you're not starting/abandoning pages all the time.

The issue re using the plus sign is an annoyance on many levels.....

While I do share some of my writing here, overall it's really not worthy of the time it takes. I probably post 5/week from PP to Gplus

Be careful with that linking to D2C, it could be flagged as you spamming/linking if it's your writing there. I don't link to anything from here - too much hassle

I got a warning here for putting in a referral link to join this site!

FreyaYuki replied to UK_Writer on March 3, 2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks for all the helpful info 😃. So, you have both a Google+ Profile and a Google+ Page, but you only use the page for sharing the articles that you write on different sites?

Yeah, I found the plus sign issue annoying too. In the end, I decided to just change my title even if the word "plus" no longer appears in the URL link. At least "Google" is still there.

Thanks. I didn't know that. I sometimes include links to other articles on my posts here and haven't experienced a problem. I think the link limit is 3. At least, I usually just include 3 links per post (if there are relevant and related articles to include).

Usually, I just interlink Persona Paper articles to each other though I've noticed that all the links you add are nofollowed even if you're linking to Persona Paper, which is odd, to say the least.

It is definitely odd to get a warning here for putting your referral link to join Persona Paper. Could it be a glitch? Did you have to contact the admin about it?

Kungfu123 wrote on March 2, 2015, 11:41 PM
I have a Google account, but I don't often use it.

FreyaYuki replied to Kungfu123 on March 3, 2015, 11:15 AM
Do you mean your main Google account or Google+? I have Gmail, Blogger, Webmaster Tools, etc but haven't joined Google+ yet as I wanted more info about this.

*Notes:
- First image is by TheDigitalArtist (CC0 Creative Commons) from Pixabay

- Second pic is a screenshot from my Persona Paper account
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on March 2, 2015, 11:57 AM

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.