Writing Sites Meta

Some Problems With Writedge and Daily Two Cents

Sunday, December 30, 2018
Anyone still writing for Writedge and Daily Two Cents (writing sites where you can earn a bit of passive income)? If anyone's still writing for these 2 sites, how's it going? I haven't logged on to either site in a while. After recently logging in (as in before logging on to Persona Paper right now. LOL), I was surprised by what I saw.

Daily Two Cents, Informational Articles, Reviews, Writedge, Writing Sites,

Edited to add: unfortunately, both writing sites in question have changed their payment model from pay per thousand views to a revenue-sharing (Google AdSense) one. The traffic in these sites have also gotten quite low lately.

Low Traffic on Daily Two Cents and Writedge?

It's not really a good kind of surprise though, unfortunately. It's kind of really sad. Disappointing even :-(. Traffic still seems to be really super low at the moment. I noticed this was especially the case on Daily Two Cents. Writedge is doing far better compared to DTC, at least based on my stats.

Low Earnings on Writedge and Daily Two Cents?

Unfortunately, the earnings are still really super low on both sites. Writers there only get like $1.50 per thousand views :-(. I wonder if they'll be able to increase that amount soon?

Thinking About Moving Posts From Writedge and Daily Two Cents to Elsewhere?

Am actually seriously considering moving some posts there to elsewhere. Maybe the ones on DTC since the traffic is really bad there. Don't really know yet though. We'll see, I guess.

The other issue here is that if I do decide to move some posts, it's gonna be an inconvenient hassle because of all the other stuff you have to do before actually being able to publish the article elsewhere.

Latest News, New Blog Posts, and Plans on Writedge and Daily Two Cents?

Also, I didn't even know that there were new posts on the Writedge and Daily Two Cents blog. I only found out 'cause I just logged on to the site. Huh. I thought they would have sent news about that via their newsletter (I did sign up to get said newsletter).

So, it seems like they have new stuff planned or something? New sites, maybe. There weren't a lot of details on those new blog posts. There was a poll and stuff though. I dunno. Maybe those in the Facebook group have more news about this? Didn't get anything via the newsletter though.

So, anyway, how are you all doing on Writedge and Daily Two Cents if you are writing there?

Disclaimer/note: this is IMHO and based on the stats I saw on my Writedge and Daily Two Cents account so your mileage may vary. Maybe/hopefully others are doing much better.

Edited to add: this is sad, but, according to this post, it looks like there are others who are also experiencing the low traffic and earnings on DTC: http://personapaper .com/article/32493-persona-paper-or-daily-two-cents

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

HappyLady wrote on June 9, 2015, 4:38 AM
I do have an account with both those places, but I dislike the feel I am somehow back at school with their moderation process and am not so keen on the editor they use or writing the posts. Maybe its just me, but I prefer a less officious approach.

FreyaYuki replied to HappyLady on June 10, 2015, 2:39 AM
I also don't like that new editor that they have. I prefer sticking to the familiar-looking WordPress dashboard. And I don't like how you have to have a featured image on your posts, but it's not easy to actually add a pic to your articles there. I used to write a lot there, but now traffic is really low and even the earnings have been cut. I hope things can improve soon.

peachpurple wrote on June 9, 2015, 5:06 AM
You know I earned one cent per month at writ edge but I earned five cents per day at pp, I thought the traffic there would have increased

FreyaYuki replied to peachpurple on June 10, 2015, 2:35 AM
I thought the traffic would have increased with the implementation of the new theme too. It's still really low though, unfortunately. I wonder if other people are doing better there?

Nar2Reviews wrote on June 9, 2015, 9:02 PM
I gave up with DTC a long time ago; the process of submitting content was too much of a hassle. Too much "grammar correctness" and ruling with the editing just got all too much. Good luck to them though; I just find the process on PPaper so much easier.

FreyaYuki replied to Nar2Reviews on June 10, 2015, 2:42 AM
I stopped being so active there after they lowered the amount that you get per thousand views. It's really low plus the low traffic is not helping either. It's why I haven't been there in a while.

I thought things might have improved by now especially since I haven't been able to be there in quite a while, so I was disappointed after logging on to both sites and seeing my stats. I wonder if others are doing better there?

I think I prefer the process here too since it's easier to post articles plus you're not obliged/required/forced to add pics to your articles. There's quite a long process involved in posting articles on those sites.

Lovebeingmummy wrote on June 14, 2015, 6:45 AM
I tried daily two cents but earnings far too slow

FreyaYuki replied to Lovebeingmummy on July 9, 2015, 4:35 AM
Yeah, the earnings are really very low right now. Traffic is super low too as some others have said. The pay rate used to be pretty high, but now they lowered it :-(. Hope things improve there and on Writedge.

AudreyHowitt wrote on June 16, 2015, 11:36 AM
I have an account there, and have heard good things about the sites in general. But I have not been there very long and am interested in people's opinions and experiences there

stbrians wrote on June 17, 2015, 4:19 AM
I have noticed that too

cheri wrote on June 30, 2015, 5:25 AM
I am not familiar with those you mentioned. I think I will be checking those later.

AdGoggleKo wrote on July 10, 2015, 2:50 AM
I didn't join neither of the two though the owner was a good bubblews connection of mine before. I just cannot attend to many. :(

cmoneyspinner wrote on September 17, 2015, 1:47 PM
Still write at both sites. I'm doing OK. Just got a payment in my PayPal a few weeks back. For the posts and articles that are there, I've already shared links. They started at $5 per 1000 views, then reduced it to $1.50. Just noticed when I signed in a few days ago that the rate is up to $2 per 1000 views. The ladies who own the sites are hustlers. They work hard to make their sites work! Some folks don't like these sites. But me? Got no reason to move my stuff or complain. It's working for my purposes.

@FreyaYuki - Don't know how many posts you have but check to see if you have a minimum of 6 tags. Found out that excessive tagging is viewed as spam by the search engines. Don't know about you but my posts had lots of tags. Second, check your SEO for the green dot. If you see a green dot, that 's good. You really should share your links wherever you can and use good hashtags.

Jeramey wrote on November 1, 2015, 10:47 PM
Any updates that anyone has had on these two sites? Are they worth it for new writers? Thanks!

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Persona Paper on June 9, 2015, 3:59 AM
- Image is by FirmBee (Public Domain) from Pixabay

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.