Writing Sites Meta

Problem You Need to Know About the Niume Dashboard

Friday, January 25, 2019
There's something wrong with the Niume dashboard. Have you noticed this too, or is this only happening in my Niume dashboard? Either way, I really hope this gets fixed as soon as possible.

Informational Articles, Niume, Reviews, Tutorials, Writing Sites, dashboard

Edited to add: Niume is a writing site where you can earn a bit of passive income by publishing articles. Unfortunately, not only has the site stopped paying, it has also shut down without warning.

What's the Problem With the Niume Dashboard?

To fully explain the issue, we need to start by looking at this: https://niume.com/profile/70600.

The above is a link to my Niume profile page. This post will be my 9th post here, so I currently have 8 posts published so far. See the pic below for reference:

Informational Articles, Niume, Reviews, Tutorials, Writing Sites, dashboard

According to the above screenshot of my profile page, I currently have:

- 8 posts published so far

- 861 total reads

- 244 total hype (notice how it says 244 on my profile info, but the top bar says 245? What's up with that? What's with the discrepancy?)

The discrepancy with the total hype listed on my profile page and the one listed on the top bar (which shows up when I'm logged on to the site) is certainly an issue, but the main focus of this post is actually with regards to the number of published posts and total reads.

To illustrate, take a look at the pic below:

Informational Articles, Niume, Reviews, Tutorials, Writing Sites, dashboard

This is a screenshot of my Niume dashboard.

Look at it and then look at the screenshot of my Niume profile page. Did you see the problem?

According to my Niume dashboard, I currently have:

- 5 posts published so far

- 482 total reads / views

If you scroll further down on your Niume dashboard, you will see each of your published posts listed together with information like views, hype, and shares.

All 8 of my currently published posts are listed there together with the correct number of views each article has received (if you add everything up, it corresponds with the total that's listed on my profile page).

The problem is how come the top part of the Niume dashboard doesn't reflect this information?

How come it only shows 5 posts? Where are the rest of the posts?

How come it shows a lower number of total reads/views that doesn't correspond with what's shown below the dashboard page and on the profile page?

Informational Articles, Niume, Reviews, Tutorials, Writing Sites, dashboard

Actually, this has been going on for a while now. Initially, I thought it would just take a bit of time for the Niume dashboard to update and show all my posts. But it's been days (weeks, even), and it's still like that.

What's going on? Why is this happening? I don't know :-(.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any ideas? Possible solutions?

Usefulness of the Dashboard Feature

The dashboard would have been very useful and helpful if it actually showed accurate results so you can see such information and statistics like how much you're earning so far, how many posts you've made so far, how many reads you've gotten so far, and how many visits you've had on a certain day, week, or even month.

But, with this discrepancy, it's pretty much useless. Whatever is going on, I really hope this gets resolved as soon as possible.

So, what about you? What are your thoughts regarding this matter? Feel free to share your opinions by leaving a comment below.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

Niume Blog & Support said on 8/12/16
The reason for the difference is the dashboard shows by default the last 30 days of activity. If you have 8 total posts but have posted only 4 in the last 30 days then logically it will show 4. Since our latest launch this should be a lot more clear with the date range being shown.

Freya Yuki replied to Niume Blog & Support on 9/12/16
Thanks for the response. I did notice that the new update now displays the Niume Wallet, which appears to be accurate. When I select the dates, the correct number of posts is now displayed, but the number of views is still incorrect.

As the screenshot below shows, even with the correct dates (October to December as I joined sometime in October) selected, the number of views listed is only 683 while my profile shows 1.2K and even the value in the Niume Wallet reflects that.

I hope Niume will eventually allow us to see data/stats via an all-time view, so we don't have to use the custom date range and just click a button or link or something that will show us the total number of views, revenue and posts we've obtained since we joined the site. Again, thanks for your response and hope you can further clarify this issue.

Jim Bauer said on 3/12/16
I have not paid a lot of attention to this, but surely will now.

Freya Yuki replied to Jim Bauer on 7/12/16
I only have a few posts up so far, so I was able to easily see the discrepancy in my dashboard. Unfortunately, it looks like the new update to the site didn't really fix the problem. On the plus side, at least, it does look like the Niume wallet, which is listed on the dashboard, is listing the right amount you've earned so far.

Patrick Kavanagh said on 28/11/16
I have noticed this. In my case, there is a very large discrepancy. I am hoping that it will catch up eventually.

Freya Yuki replied to Patrick Kavanagh on 29/11/16
Yeah, I do hope the dashboard and profile pages will soon display the same numbers, but I'm worried it won't. Even after posting this, I'm currently seeing 1.1k reads and 9 posts on my profile (which is correct. I even got a notice and email about reaching 1k reads), but my dashboard is displaying 6 posts and 543 reads.

I've sent a tweet to @niume_official regarding this issue. I hope they respond. Do you know if others are also experiencing the same issue as us? There might be a bug or something?

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Niume on 25 Nov 2016 in Interesting
- Screenshots are from my Niume account
- Last pic is by Lena Thutewohl (CC:BY-SA) via Wikimedia Commons

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.