Writing Sites Meta

Who Else Is Having a Hard Time Publishing Posts on Niume?

Saturday, January 19, 2019
I like Niume (wouldn't be here otherwise, right?), but one of the things I don't like about it is how difficult (totally the understatement of the year, seriously) it is to publish things there.

Informational Articles, Niume, Tutorials, Writing Sites, Reviews

I've posted several articles here already, and never once has it been easy to do so. Ever since the beginning, it has been a struggle to post here. I suspect it will be the same for this post as well :-(. And I'm dreading it already.

Edited to add: Niume is a writing site where you can earn a bit of passive income by publishing articles. Unfortunately, not only has the site stopped paying, it has also shut down without warning.

What's Going On? Why Is It so Hard to Publish Posts on Niume?

Basically, every time I publish a post here, it gets sent back to the drafts page. Here's a step-by-step explanation on exactly what happens:

Scenario 1:


1. I click the "publish" button on a post I want to publish here on Niume.

2. I get taken to a page that says my post has been published. I'm given the option to share it on social media sites like Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Informational Articles, Niume, Tutorials, Writing Sites, Reviews

3. Clicking the "finish" button on that page will take me to the sphere page where I chose to publish my article.

Informational Articles, Niume, Tutorials, Writing Sites, Reviews

For example, I put this post in the Movies sphere, so when I published it, I was directed to the Movies sphere.

4. The post I just published is listed on that sphere. I click it to go to the page where my post is.

5. My post shows up and looks as if it's been published and there's nothing more I need to do.

6. Wait a few minutes. Click the refresh button to see if there any views, comments, etc.

7. Refreshing the page should bring me back to my post. Instead, I get redirected back to the Niume homepage. Where's the post I just published?

8. I check my profile page. The post I just published isn't listed there either.

It's as if I've never published it.

9. Check my drafts page. The post is back there.

Scenario 2:


Steps 1-3 are the same as in Scenario 1.

4. The post I just published isn't listed on the sphere page. I still get taken to the sphere page, but my post isn't there at all.

5. I check my profile page. Sometimes, my post is listed there. At other times, it's not listed there.

6. If my post is listed on my profile page, I click it to open it.

7. Repeat step 6 from Scenario 1 here.

8. I experience the same thing that I experienced in Scenario 1's steps 7 and 9.

Either way, it all boils down to the fact that my post gets sent back to the Niume drafts page.

Informational Articles, Niume, Tutorials, Writing Sites, Reviews

And I have to keep publishing it over and over and over again before it would finally show up on my profile page and stop disappearing every time I check on it.

The last post I've published, the one about Critique Circle, was an especially frustrating ordeal because I had to keep publishing it over and over again for what felt like hours.

I spent a lot of time on Niume just trying to get it published. In the end, I had to sign out and just try again the next day.

Thankfully, it finally decided to stick the next time I logged on to Niume and published the post.

But, by then it was too late.

Why, you ask?

Because another problem is that when you publish something on Niume for the first time, that will be seen as the original publication date and time.

So, no matter how many times I publish the post that refuses to stay published, it will still be listed by that original date and time.

This means that when I was finally able to publish the post, it doesn't matter anymore because it will have been pushed far down the spheres page by newer posts. How can the post be seen when it refuses to stay published?

Is Anyone Else Experiencing This Problem?

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? :-(

Edited to add: Here we go again. Yup. It's happening all over again with this post. Wonder how long I have to keep publishing this for it to stop getting sent back to my drafts page? :-(

Take 7.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

Carol Taylor said on 8/2/17
I also have never experienced that type of problem (I have) with another site but always use a desktop and Chrome...I hope you get it sorted as it must be frustrating. Have you checked whether your browser is compatible because if I use IE I cannot publish the post ..hence Chrome :)

Bodylevive said on 30/1/17
I use a desk top computer and Fire Fox browser. I don't know if that's any help or not. I have never experienced this type of problem. Did you tell support about this problem. They maybe able to help.

Barbara Radisavljevic said on 29/1/17
Wow! I feel for you. This has never happened to me, though I've sometimes discovered my intro photo didn't publish. I always publish from a PC desktop. What do you publish from? You also might try a different browser. I use Chrome.

Freya Yuki replied to Barbara Radisavljevic on 30/1/17
Thanks. I use Chrome too. Not sure what was going on, but it looks like the issue/problem has already been resolved as am no longer experiencing it.

Cynthia Friedberg said on 22/1/17
I have never had this problem. Maybe you should send niume support a note and they can help you. The system and rules are pretty simple to follow and use. Maybe you should try reboot your computer, just a suggestion.

Freya Yuki replied to Cynthia Friedberg on 30/1/17
Thanks. The problem isn't with my PC, but with Niume itself as this is the only site am having trouble with. Have already sent them a note as well as a tweet before, but they didn't respond. Thankfully, it looks like the problem/issue has been resolved since am no longer experiencing it.

Mardene Carr said on 3/1/17
I have had a post sent to draft because I had missed something. If it does not follow the guidelines it will be sent to draft but usually you get a message explaining why and that you should re-publish once it is fixed.

Freya Yuki replied to Mardene Carr on 4/1/17
Haven't experienced what you described. In my case, the post gets published, but it doesn't stick. If I refresh the page a few minutes after publishing the post, it redirects me back to the homepage and I find my post back in the drafts page.

I then have to publish it again and again before it stays published. But there's no message about not following the guidelines since all my posts follow the guidelines and I'm able to publish the post without having to fix anything. Yeah, I do hope this problem gets fixed soon. It's very inconvenient and frustrating.

Annie Haycock said on 1/1/17
So far, I have not experienced this either. But the platform certainly does have its quirks. For example it was telling me I had made 6 posts, even when I had made, 7, 8, 9 posts, and now finally it is telling me I have made 7! Yet all the posts are showing up.

Annie Haycock replied to Annie Haycock on 1/1/17
Sorry, didn't see that you had already written about this in another post.

Freya Yuki replied to Annie Haycock on 4/1/17
Yeah, that has happened to me too. It takes a while for the number of posts to display the correct number.

Jim Bauer said on 23/12/16
So far I have not experienced this, but based on your description of things that has happened, I hope I do not encounter this. It would give me good reason to give up and move on to more productive things.

Freya Yuki replied to Jim Bauer on 4/1/17
Yeah, this is really very frustrating and disheartening. Still experiencing the problem and hoping Niume will fix this soon.

Zzopretty Griffin said on 20/12/16
You have to title the post,pick a picture for it,pick the sphere to put it in and have at least five lines of words and then push the publish button and then you can share it if you want to then just click finish even if you don't want to share it then push profile and you should see your post

Freya Yuki replied to Zzopretty Griffin on 20/12/16
Thanks, but this is not the problem the post is talking about. As mentioned in the post above, the posts get sent back to the drafts page and one needs to republish it over and over again before it will show up on the profile page and stop disappearing.

All my posts have titles, images (sometimes more than 1 pic) and a lot more than 5 lines of text. They're also in the proper spheres. The above post also mentioned how I publish the posts using the "publish" button and then the "finish" button. The posts don't show up in the profile page until you republish it several times (sometimes even more than that).

*Notes:
- This was previously published on Niume on 5 Nov 2016 in Interesting
- Screenshots are from my Niume account
- Image is by rawpixel.com (Public Domain) from Pexels

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.