Writing Sites Meta

Should You Discourage People From Posting Drafts On Your Site?

Friday, October 21, 2016
Drafts can be very useful for many different reasons. For example, you can use them to store articles that you plan to post on a site, but that you haven't finished editing and fixing yet. Or, if you don't have time to finish an article, you can just save it as a draft first, so you can work on it later on until you're ready to publish it.

writing site, daily two cents, writedge, persona paper, article drafts
Anyway, I just heard this news on Writedge and Daily Two Cents (writing sites that used to pay per view, but have since changed their payment model, unfortunately) where I post some of my other articles.

They said that they'll be deleting article drafts after a certain period of time. I can't say that I'm amused or pleased with this news. 'Cause I'm not. Why?

For many reasons, actually.  One, it's such a hassle. I posted those drafts there so I can work on them when I have time and so I can publish them on that site as soon as I finish with all the editing and proofreading.

Admittedly, they do say that only drafts that are 6 months old will be deleted, but that doesn't really make me feel any better. I mean, what if I forget or what if I lose track of time? Or what if some unforeseen event happens and I end up being unable to get my drafts from that site and then 6 months passed by? Does that mean that I'll end up losing all my drafts?

Needless to say, I don't want to risk it. So I'll just be moving my drafts from both Daily Two Cents and Writedge elsewhere. A few will probably end up here on Persona Paper. On that note, I'm real pleased that we can keep many drafts here and that I'm not in any danger of losing them anytime soon (at least, I don't think so :-) LOL).

Actually, more than a few of those drafts are from articles that I moved from Bubblews (also known as you-know-who, you know why. LOL) to those sites. Now that I've decided to move those drafts elsewhere, I guess I'll be posting them elsewhere too. I'll just be sure not to keep drafts on those sites anymore. Wouldn't want to risk losing my articles in case they end up being drafts for too long.

What about you? What do you think of such a news? If you were to experience something like that, what would you do? Would you move your articles too? Or set some sort of reminder to move them before 6 months passes by or something?

*Notes:
- Image is by Unsplash (Public Domain) from Pixabay
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.