Writing Sites Meta

What To Like About The Persona Paper Captcha?

Wednesday, May 17, 2017
Did I mention that I like the Persona Paper captcha? No? Well, let me say it now then - I really like the Persona Paper captcha. I mean, I wouldn't want to bother with captchas at all.

But, if I really have to deal with typing captchas, then I'd choose the Persona Paper captcha. Why? It's because this captcha is so easy to understand and decipher that I have absolutely no problems typing the word/s.
 Writing Sites, Informational Articles, Persona Paper, website, captcha
With this kind of captcha, I never have to worry about getting an incorrect captcha message because the word isn't incomprehensible and downright impossible to understand and decipher. It's shown so clearly and the letters aren't too close to each other so you can really see what the word you have to type is.

I'm really glad about this because some sites have really difficult to understand and read captchas so this is a welcome relief to all the frustration, annoyance and inconvenience caused by captchas that you can hardly read, much less understand.

Here are some of the comments from this article, back when it used to be posted elsewhere:

Kasman wrote on October 2, 2014, 10:13 AM:
"What I like most about the Persona Paper captcha is the fact that it helps to keep out all those spambots which infest certain other sites some of us write on."

FreyaYuki replied to Kasman on October 16, 2014, 4:33 AM:
"I agree. There are some sites where there are a lot of spam comments but, so far, I don't think I've seen any here on Persona Paper, which is great. I also really like how the captcha here is so easy to understand."

Feisty56 wrote on October 2, 2014, 12:37 PM:
"You know, the captcha here is such a breeze that at first I couldn't remember that PP has them!"

FreyaYuki replied to Feisty56 on October 16, 2014, 4:37 AM:
"I know, right? :-) I love the captcha here on Persona Paper. It's so easy to understand that it doesn't take me much time at all. If the captcha is this easy to decipher, then I don't mind having to take a few seconds to type it; in this case, it wouldn't be such a hassle at all."

BarbRad wrote on October 2, 2014, 1:57 PM:
"The best is that so far, we only need them with posting, not commenting. I hope that policy will hold. It makes interacting here so much easier. Stick around more. This site will become as addicting as the other one."

FreyaYuki replied to BarbRad on October 16, 2014, 4:42 AM:
"I like that too and wish that it would stay that way. But, even if we have to type a captcha every time we comment, I wouldn't mind so much as long as the captcha continues to be easy to decipher and understand. If it will only take us a few seconds to type the captcha, then it can be tolerated and it wouldn't be so bad."

bestwriter wrote on October 4, 2014, 5:12 AM:
"Big foot county is my favourite. Sometimes I get it while watching a movie (just between you and me I actually do not watch it :-))"

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on October 16, 2014, 4:52 AM
":-) . I don't like either the video or audio captcha so I always just stick with the text even if they can be hard to understand and decipher. Thankfully, the text captcha on Persona Paper is so easy to understand and type that there's no problem at all."

bestwriter wrote on February 5, 2015, 1:48 AM:
"Very rarely does it coincide with what I have posted and at that time I do feel happy. But Captcha per se is not my cup of tea. I hope they did away with it but I know they cannot."

FreyaYuki replied to bestwriter on February 7, 2015, 8:34 AM:
"I don't like captcha either but can tolerate it if it's easy to decipher. If you save your posts on Persona Paper as a draft before publishing it, you can bypass the captcha so you can publish it right away without seeing the captcha."

*Notes:
- Image is by GraphBerry (CC:BY-SA) from deviantArt
- This was previously published elsewhere

Share your thoughts and opinions by commenting below:
To comment as a guest or anonymously: Select the discussion then the name textbox. Put a check on the "I'd rather post as guest" checkbox and you can submit your comment without logging in or creating an account.
By leaving a comment, you agree to the comment guidelines.